Newcomer

How do we impact sports programming out of area???

Living in South  Carolina since 2009. Frustrated at the extremely limited opportunities to watch New England Patriots games LIVE on ANY network.  The Carolina Forest, Myrle Beach, SC has a huge ex-New England resident population now and we cannot watch our own games.  Even when they are suuposed to be on network TV, they are not shown in this area. 29579

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: How do we impact sports programming out of area???

You moved there, don't expect the broadcasters to bow to your wishes... Shoulda considered that first.

Sunday ticket N/A?

Established Sharer

VBaumiller wrote:

Living in South  Carolina since 2009. Frustrated at the extremely limited opportunities to watch New England Patriots games LIVE on ANY network.  The Carolina Forest, Myrle Beach, SC has a huge ex-New England resident population now and we cannot watch our own games.  Even when they are suuposed to be on network TV, they are not shown in this area. 29579

What network are you speaking of?  You no longer live in the New England Patriot's home market, so you will need to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, only available from DirecTV, to get EVERY Patriots game that is not aired in your market.  Regional action rules at 1pm and 4 pm on Sundays.

So you ask, "What Patriot games are aired in your market?"

If the Pats play on Thursday Night, Sunday Night, or Monday Night, they will be viewable across the nation on NFL Network / CBS / NBC for the Thursday game, NBC for the Sunday NIGHT game, and ESPN for the Monday night game.

What will you be shown at 1pm and 4pm on Sunday afternoons?  Well, the games shown in your market will be a function of which network has the doubleheader, and who is home that week.  Each network will show at least ONE game in your market.  You'll get two games on the double-header network if certain conditions are met, for a maximum possible three games in your market (for 1pm and 4pm starts).

You are most likely in the Carolina Panthers market.  Your county and DMA have been *claimed* by the team and the NFL.  THe NFL is in the business of protecting the home team's bottom line, and will air those games in their team's territory.

If the Panthers are at home at the same time the Pats are playing, you will see the Panthers, who they are playing, and nobody else.

If the Panthers are on the road, you will get to see the Panthers, the team they are playing, and MAYBE a game on the *other* network, if that *other* network has the double-header that week.

Read "The NFL on Television" at wikipedia to read all of the rules, becuase they are too cumbersome to type them here.   But given your geographic location, and the history of NFL Ratings, I imagine you will be getting games involving the Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Jaguars, and Dolphins before you see Pats games.  Your best bet for a Pats game is a Pats game against one of these teams, or if the Pats are the featured game on the Double-header network (i.e.  4:25 pm ET start).

You can visit the following website:  www.the506.com to see what regiional games will be aired in your market.  Maps are posted Wednesday.  I am sure you will be getting Miami / Atlanta on CBS at 1pm instead of Jets / Pats for week 6.  You will get Steelers / Cheifs at 4:25 pm.  (CBS has the double-header next week - and the Panthers play a national game at another time).  I don't know what one Fox game you'll get - but I hope you don't get stuck with the Rams /Jaguars at 4:05 as your Fox game.

You want to watch the Patrots every week?  Tell Bob Kraft to move the team to Myrtle Beach and you'll be good to go....

Established Sharer

Yep...Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket are you only option. Being that Myrtle Beach is in the Panthers market they will take priority, as will the other NFC South teams (Falcons, Saints and Bucs).

Highlighted
Established Sharer

reds91185 wrote:

Yep...Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket are you only option. Being that Myrtle Beach is in the Panthers market they will take priority, as will the other NFC South teams (Falcons, Saints and Bucs).

His only saving grace is that the majority of Regional Action Patriots games (1pm and 4pm ET) are on CBS, and the majority of the "teams of interest" - i.e. - NFC South Teams - will have the majority of their games on Fox.  CBS must show at least one game in his market... but more times than not it will be the Steelers, Dolphins, or Jaguars...  If he was a Giants fan... he'd be even more SOL because of teh Fox issue - the team's performance this season not withstanding...

Browser

Another way that is OK is Red Zone. I am a Lions fan with the same problem you have. I watch Red Zone every Sunday unless the Lions or Giants (grew up in NYC) are on which is rare.