N/A

Fox network

Isn’t this bargaining over the local Fox network channel in Binghamton gone on long enough?  Could Spectrum at least get some other Fox network in the area to broadcast, New York, Syracuse, etc.   Yes we may not get the local area news & events, but we could at least get the national network broadcasting programming.  I think Spectrum should do something for its customers to fill this gap.

7 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Fox network

@Hartywrote:

Isn’t this bargaining over the local Fox network channel in Binghamton gone on long enough?  Could Spectrum at least get some other Fox network in the area to broadcast, New York, Syracuse, etc.   Yes we may not get the local area news & events, but we could at least get the national network broadcasting programming.  I think Spectrum should do something for its customers to fill this gap.

Hey Harty,

I am not from your area, but I agree with you.  Spectrum needs to find a way to import some other Fox Stations to its  customers in New York areas affected by the blackout, under different managment. This is currently a bad situation.

Satch

Established Sharer

@Satchwrote:

@Hartywrote:

Hey Harty,

I am not from your area, but I agree with you.  Spectrum needs to find a way to import some other Fox Stations to its  customers in New York areas affected by the blackout, under different managment. This is currently a bad situation.

Satch

There's probably a provision in the Binghampton Fox station's contract that prohibits either Fox or Spectrum from importing any out-of-area Fox signal.  And with Sinclair now looking to buy a bunch and then sell off a few stations, some of the Fox franchises may be shifting their owner alliegances soon.

Helper

A temporary solution may be to use the Fox app on a Roku, Apple TV, or Fire TV device. 

Established Sharer

@Hartywrote:

Spectrum's hand might be tied in that regard.  I know reception in the Southern Tier is difficult (I live in Sullivan County), but can you make use of antenna?  They are on VHF, and should get some good diffraction over hills compared to UHF.

But think about it....  WICZ wants to collect retransmission fees from every cable subscriber for content they give away for free to those who use an antenna.   They are exploiting the fact that every video subscriber MUST buy the Starter Tier before adding any additional level of linear video service.  I have begun to lose sympathy for broadcast TV stations holding out for retransmission fees...  The FCC should revise regulations to allow cable companies to sell video services without the local channels...

Established Sharer

@karlbeckmanwrote:

There's probably a provision in the Binghampton Fox station's contract that prohibits either Fox or Spectrum from importing any out-of-area Fox signal.  And with Sinclair now looking to buy a bunch and then sell off a few stations, some of the Fox franchises may be shifting their owner alliegances soon.

Affiliates don't like to poach other affiliates.  It's like a labor union.  The affiliate has claim to a territory, and no other out-of-market affiiate will poach.

c6
Newcomer

I recently moved to  the Wilmington NC area.  I am an Atlanta Braves baseball fan and have  followed the games for many years on the Fox Sport South channel.

Even thought my Spectrum subscription includes Fox Sports South and many times the schedule guide reads that the Atlanta  game will be televised it is not.

I intend to pursue the quest and let Spectrum know that there is interest in the Wilmington area.

Any support out there?

Helper

@c6 wrote:

I recently moved to  the Wilmington NC area.  I am an Atlanta Braves baseball fan and have  followed the games for many years on the Fox Sport South channel.

Even thought my Spectrum subscription includes Fox Sports South and many times the schedule guide reads that the Atlanta  game will be televised it is not.

I intend to pursue the quest and let Spectrum know that there is interest in the Wilmington area.

Any support out there?

It's been said many times...Spectrum has no control over the local television rules set by the various leagues. NC is in the Nationals local market as set by MLB.

Your best option is an MLB.tv package.