Not applicable

Constant on demand outages

I’m so tired of my on demand being unavailable. I call the # and the auto recording says “we are having on demand issues and crews are working on the problem”. Give me a break, it’s literally like this 3 days a week. When is enough enough. No sorry about this let me credit your account. We are working on it... so over spectrum!!!
9 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Constant on demand outages

Agree. Very frustrated, want some sort of acknowledgement of lapse in service.

Newcomer

Ugh mine is still not working
Newcomer

Has anyone had success getting credit?
Not applicable

Experiencing same issue.
So does Spectrum have a customer service rep monitoring these forums or do we have to take the time to call and nav thru the gauntlet of menus?
Trusted Helper

Here's an interesting take on my On Demand,

We had a new main wiring done and lines put in.  Signals are good, and the DVR has not missed a show since work was done.

What is happening with On Demand is that it will work during the day, but often not available after midnight in Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045

Sometimes it will work, but if you pause the movie to do something and try to return to your movie and the screensaver has kicked in, you very often will not be able to get back to your movie.  I hate the screensaver that kicks in for On Demand.  With the high resolution of TV sets today, the burn in scares of the 70's and 80's should no longer be an issue.  If the screensaver would not kick in, I don't think that we would be having the On Demand problems that we are having.  Just a theory.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Guys,

Put your City, State, and zip code in when mentioning your On Demand problem, so that Spectrum can see that this is a national issue and not a local account situation.

Satch

Rookie

I feel cheated.  I work until 9 most nights and by the time I check the listings and find something I want to watch, on-demand isn't available, so I'm stuck with the regular lame TV shows.  Useless.  Why doesn't Spectrum answer one of these complaints so we know what's going on? We're reasonable people!  Tell us why we're having this problem. 

4everjean in Coos County, New Hampshire 

Lead Moderator

I am sorry to hear you are being affected by the recent On Demand issues. 

We absolutely are acknowledging the issue, notification is provided through 

our automated phone system to advise of the issue.

If you would like information about the situation you can also contact our

Social Media Customer Care Team at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I'm seriously fed up with On Demand problems. The last three movies I purchased were clutching to the point we had to stop and restart them 3 times to get it to play correctly. Also what is it with having to wait almost a week for my shows to show up on On Demand after they aired, and then when the do its constant fighting with "currently unavailable". We pay alot of money for services we can't even use!!!!