Highlighted

Chiller channel no longer available...what's up with that??

Can't express how infuriating it is to select one of my regularly watched channels only to find it's no longer available. So, are you adjusting our monthly bill to reflect the loss of a channel or just replacing it will some filler one that no one will ever watch? I've been trying to talk myself into dumping cable since I work two jobs and am hardly home enough to justify the cost. It's stunts like this that will make the decision that much easier.

Not happy!!!  

36 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

1st TWC/Spectrum Kills Cloo & Now Stops Carrying Chiller!

As reported in a previous thread, TWC/Spectrum not renewing Cloo effectively killed Cloo.

Now the following message is on my latest bill:
-------------------
Effective on or after April 25, 2017, Chiller on Preferred TV/Digi
Tier 1 channel 223, and Esquire Network on Preferred TV/Digi
Tier 1 channels 159 and 1159, will no longer be available.
-------------------

What does this mean for subscribers currently with the TWC TV package including "Starter TV, Standard TV, Variety Pass, EPIX"?

Trusted Helper

Re: 1st TWC/Spectrum Kills Clue & Now Stops Carrying Chiller!

Boz wrote:

As reported in a previous thread, TWC/Spectrum not renewing Cloo effectively killed Cloo.

-------------------
-------------------

What does this mean for subscribers currently with the TWC TV package including "Starter TV, Standard TV, Variety Pass, EPIX"?

Hi,

Preferred TV is for legacy TWC customers on TWC's billing plan.  Digi Tier 1 and Digi Tier 2 are for customers on Spectrum billing.

It looks like those channels are being dropped.  Is Chiller leaving in all markets?  That was a good channel.

Satch

Boz
Sharer

Satch wrote:

Boz wrote:

-------------------
-------------------

Hi,

Preferred TV is for legacy TWC customers on TWC's billing plan.  Digi Tier 1 and Digi Tier 2 are for customers on Spectrum billing.

It looks like you are grandfather cluased with Variety Pass on TWC, which should be the same channels as TWC Preferred TV package.  On the dates indicated, you should be able to view those channels regardless.  I understand that Esquire is being dropped by several carriers.

Satch

Well, I hope that's correct.  Despite what others said about it, I still found myself watching Cloo from time to time, and I occasionally end up watching Chiller, too, so I sure hope I don't lose Chiller "on or after April 25, 2017"!

Losing Cloo was bad enough...I don't want to lose Chiller, too!

Boz
Sharer

Hmmm...I see you changed your answer vs the original answer that I quoted, Satch.

So, do you now think think those on legacy TWC packages will ALSO lose Chiller "on or after April 25, 2017"?

Trusted Helper

Boz wrote:

Hmmm...I see you changed your answer vs the original answer that I quoted, Satch.

So, do you now think think those on legacy TWC packages will ALSO lose Chiller "on or after April 25, 2017"?

I would contact Spectrum directly about this question.  Send your account information and your inquiry about Chiller in a PM to @TWC_ForumsHelp Lets see what they say.

Satch

Sharer

Boz wrote:

You won't be getting them.  Nobody will be getting them.

Word on the street (other forums) is that NBC Universal is pulling the plug on them due to low ratings.

EsquireTV is ending all pay-tv distribution by mid-year and is going to on-line distribution only. 

Boz
Sharer

dstoffa wrote:

Boz wrote:

Word on the street (other forums) is that NBC Universal is pulling the plug on them due to low ratings.

EsquireTV is ending all pay-tv distribution by mid-year and is going to on-line distribution only. 

Can you please provide a link to the news that Chiller will cease operating?  I haven't been able to find any news about that.  Thank you.

Seasoned Contributor

Chiller won't cease operations (at least, not yet), but it will be dropped from Spectrum on April 25, according to this article:

vanswerman. charter to drop chiller channel  (hotlink removed)

Boz
Sharer

Boz wrote:

dstoffa wrote:

Boz wrote:

Can you please provide a link to the news that Chiller will cease operating?  I haven't been able to find any news about that.  Thank you.

Joey1986 wrote:
Chiller won't cease operations (at least, not yet), but it will be dropped from Spectrum on April 25, according to this article:
https://tvanswerman.com/2017/02/28/charter-to-drop-chiller-channel/

Yes, that's what I thought.  Thanks for the link, Joey1986.  I guess the info dstoffa has was wrong.

So, TWC/Spectrum is removing another channel that at least some people watch, including me!

Will Spectrum provide replacement channels, either for Chiller, or for Cloo, which was killed by TWC/Spectrum not renewing it?