Rookie

Re: 1st TWC/Spectrum Kills Clue & Now Stops Carrying Chiller!

We would also like to have an answer as to why Chiller is no longer available but is still listed on the TWC GUIDE.  Is Spectrum/TWC not carrying this channel or is the channel no longer available to anyone?

Newcomer

If any of you are interested I chatted with support and complained about Chiller being removed. They gave me a link to rquest the account come back again. Don't know if it will help but if we can get enough people maybe. Here it is:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/channel-feedback.html

Newcomer

I NEED my chiller channel!!! If Spectrum is dropping it, where can I find it? That's where I will go
PLA
N/A

I just sent my request in.  I watch this channel regularly and cannot find a replacement with similar programming.  We need Chiller fans to unite and put the heat on!  Thanks for the link.

Highlighted
Observer

I love those filler spots by spectrum  the new and better cable with more channels and faster than ever internet speeds YEAH RIGHT

Rookie

I sent mine in too.  When I called yesterday after tuning to the channel, the rep knew nothing about the drop.  It was only after I hung up, that I saw the news online about it being dropped. 

Newcomer

Re: 1st TWC/Spectrum Kills Cloo & Now Stops Carrying Chiller!

More people need to go to the channel feedback link and request that they bring it back. Here is a copy of the message I sent to them:
Chiller. This was one of my very favorite channels. After searching the internet to see why I wasn't getting Chiller anymore it looks as if I am not the only one who is very upset over the loss of this channel.
This is quoting an article I read which had interviewed Mr. Hargis: How do you turn around the image of one of the most detested companies in America -- Time Warner Cable? Ask Jon Hargis, chief marketing officer at Charter Communications Mr. Hargis must convince consumers that the entity will represent a "new day" for cable TV. And that will take more than erasing the Time Warner Cable name. There's a need for cable operators to re-imagine how they do business as more consumers chose pared-down TV packages or cut the cord altogether.
Spectrum is differentiating itself from the maligned Time Warner Cable brand by stressing customer service that resolves problems the first time, reasonable rates, no contracts and HD channels in its most basic packages, Mr. Hargis said.
If you REALLY want to follow through on the customer service end of your new day, and your new image, you NEED to listen to your customers! It sounds like a lot of people are not happy with the loss of CLoo and now with CHILLER tv. If you want to keep your customers, you better pay attention to what the people are saying on the message boards.
Newcomer

Chiller...

Really?!? You removed one of the five stations that we actually watch?!? So not only are we paying for channels we don't watch, we get one that we do yanked? What's next? I'd like to know so I can decide if my family needs to change providers?
Established Sharer

Re: Chiller...

You were one of the 10 people that watched it...

Seriously it's all about numbers. There just aren't enough viewers watching the channel to warrant keeping it. Charter, among many others, have dropped it to free up bandwidth for some other channel or internet.

Seasoned Contributor

Re: Chiller...

reds91185 wrote:

You were one of the 10 people that watched it...

Seriously it's all about numbers. There just aren't enough viewers watching the channel to warrant keeping it. Charter, among many others, have dropped it to free up bandwidth for some other channel or internet.

From what two agents told me they were inundated with people mad about the Chiller channel being dropped in my area. One even told me it was the first time he had been repeatedly cursed by callers because the channel was dropped. It seemed to shake him up. I can understand because its not the typical channel. Its actually a movie channel so compensating the purchaser is not the same. Plus I see no compensation being offered for it. I either want a movie channel(s) as a replacement or just compensation. Both agents agreed because I was already paying the high prices that often aren't seen until the new Spectrum (not TWC) promotions ended. Plus since I was paying after promotion Gold rates they felt I should have already been compensated with the movie channels in the 620-624 range. Problem at Spectrum is you hear a lot of talk and apologies but not a lot of action.