Highlighted
Newcomer

Channels that were free..I now have to pay for!

I had basic cable(no boxes) and had lots of channels to chose from. Now that I had to get boxes in order to watch cable..I'm missing alot of channels. I can only watch up to channel 20. I call and they tell me I have to pay an additional $47 to get those channels...that I used to get for FREE! I'm a senior citizen and enjoyed watching my TCM and Food shows. I'm already going to have to pay extra for 2 boxes and now to be able to get my channels! I think I'm going to look into cancelling my cable service and go with someone else!

4 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Channels that were free..I now have to pay for!

Good afternoon.

The Starter TV line up has not changed. Had she changed to a Spectrum plan or simply added equipment to the existing package? 

For legacy Time Warner Cable packages TCM and Food Network, as  examples,  have never been part of the Starter TV package, only Standard and Up. It sounds like she had been getting a number of channels that her subscription should never have received.  

You can review the line up here:  Channel line up

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Proven Sharer

Peshii18 wrote:

I had basic cable(no boxes) and had lots of channels to chose from. Now that I had to get boxes in order to watch cable..I'm missing alot of channels. I can only watch up to channel 20. I call and they tell me I have to pay an additional $47 to get those channels...that I used to get for FREE! I'm a senior citizen and enjoyed watching my TCM and Food shows. I'm already going to have to pay extra for 2 boxes and now to be able to get my channels! I think I'm going to look into cancelling my cable service and go with someone else!

You were able to take advantage of having unencrpted analog channels being piped into your home.  If you were only paying for StarterTV, but getting 70-some-odd channels (TCM and The Food Network would not be part of the StarterTV package), consider your free gift over.  You've had one hell of a ride....

You'll discover that you'll be paying about the same no matter who your provider is, especially once any "new customer" promotion runs out...   Dish and DirecTV are no bargains...

Newcomer

Its so sad. $140 dollars per month for just service, and now they take TCM and other channels away on demand..... It's crazy. To big to fail...spectrum. Worst case combining cable companies. I have called six times about TCM missing on demand networks, and no one knew this. Had to read it online. I am converting to Hulu Live. Bye Bye Spectrum.

Newcomer

I was shocked that channels I used to get free I can't get without paying extra too, so it was just not some error! I used to get TCM, Travel channel, Destination America, even LMN that just shows lame housewife movies is extra now. These channels WERE free, it was NOT a mistake, everyone I knew had these channels free.