Newcomer

Channels that constantly go blank

I'm in NYC upper Westside area.  Programs such as Hallmark, ION, BBC America and all MNN public access programs and more go out.  This has gone on for months on a consistent basis.  Customer service says it is temporary and will fix.  Not so.  It is now on a daily basis.  I reboot but nothing.  Do I get reimbursed for the services not received.  

Long time customer and paying premium prices.

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Channels that constantly go blank

jackieco wrote:

I'm in NYC upper Westside area.  Programs such as Hallmark, ION, BBC America and all MNN public access programs and more go out.  This has gone on for months on a consistent basis.  Customer service says it is temporary and will fix.  Not so.  It is now on a daily basis.  I reboot but nothing.  Do I get reimbursed for the services not received.  

Long time customer and paying premium prices.

It could be braodcast signal / cell phone signal ingress issues, especailly if it only happens on certain channels.

You can check every F-connection to make sure it is slightly more than finger-tight, and look around your home for unterminated cable connections.  The problem may not be in your unit, but could be in your neighbor's place, in a common area, or even out in the weather somewhere.

If tightening loose connections and terminating uinused connections (with terminating resistors) does not correct the problem, a tech visit will be required to perform a noise survey.

Are you also an internet customer?  Can you post your modem diagnostics?  If the problem is an ingress issue, there will be noise on the channels used for internet service, too...

Expert

Re: Channels that constantly go blank

Could very well be ingress from tv and 4G since NYC is the oddball that has the modems in the 250-450 mHz area instead of above 500 mHz like the rest of their areas.

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages and where it it splitterwise to the cable box and if there's any open ports.