Rookie

Channel line up change from TW to Spectrum is awful Portland Maine

In Portland Maine.  I had almost every channel on expanded basic but no premium channels.  Once they switched my account to Spectrum I lost more than half of the channels I had, I switch to themiddle tier to get some back but ended up with show/HBO/Max as well.  I'd gladly get rid of these to have what I had before.   I lost Boomerang which I and my kid love.  I think some mindless person put these packages together.   

9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Channel line up change from TW to Spectrum is awful Portland Maine

bkgwolf wrote:

In Portland Maine.  I had almost every channel on expanded basic but no premium channels.  Once they switched my account to Spectrum I lost more than half of the channels I had, I switch to themiddle tier to get some back but ended up with show/HBO/Max as well.  I'd gladly get rid of these to have what I had before.   I lost Boomerang which I and my kid love.  I think some mindless person put these packages together.   

Very Important!

I cannot emphasize enough. If you are a legacy TWC/BHN sub, and you are happy with your services, DO NOT SWITCH TO SPECTRUM!  Many of the channels that were a part of TWC Varity Pass or Preferred TV are now ONLY a part of the Spectrum Gold Package.  Worse there is no way, once on Spectrum billing, to go back to TWC/BHN billing or packages.  Your legacy status when you switch is gone forever.

BigWolf, unfortunately, you will have to add Spectrum Gold to get your Boomerang, TV Land, and I think even Cartoon Network back.  Review the channel line up if you switch by going to your area, typing in your zip code, and view line up by package before switching.

Satch

Established Sharer

It's all about personal preferences. I would much rather have HBO/Sho/Max than Boomerang, TV Land, and Cartoon Network.

Participant

You can get the channels in the Gold Tier WITHOUT the Premium Channels.  In my area, this is listed as:

Spectrum  TV Select (Expanded Basic TV Sercices).

Plus:

Digi Tier 1

Digi Tier 2

Rookie

Same here, don't know why we are surprised though.
Rookie

Satch wrote:

bkgwolf wrote:

Very Important!

I cannot emphasize enough. If you are a legacy TWC/BHN sub, and you are happy with your services, DO NOT SWITCH TO SPECTRUM!  Many of the channels that were a part of TWC Varity Pass or Preferred TV are now ONLY a part of the Spectrum Gold Package.  Worse there is no way, once on Spectrum billing, to go back to TWC/BHN billing or packages.  Your legacy status when you switch is gone forever.

BigWolf, unfortunately, you will have to add Spectrum Gold to get your Boomerang, TV Land, and I think even Cartoon Network back.  Review the channel line up if you switch by going to your area, typing in your zip code, and view line up by package before switching.

Satch

You are correct I would have to go with the Gold to do so.  I've adjusted and found quite a few things on the premium channels we are enjoying. 

Rookie

Thanks, I'll have to look at that.
N/A

Absolutely do not change if you are legacy TWC.  We were going to make a change and had a good agent on the phone that told us if we made any changes to get what we have now would cost over $100 extra each month.  For the same price we are currently paying we would get much, much less.  Do not upgrade to Spectrum!

Established Sharer

eds76 wrote:

Absolutely do not change if you are legacy TWC.  We were going to make a change and had a good agent on the phone that told us if we made any changes to get what we have now would cost over $100 extra each month.  For the same price we are currently paying we would get much, much less.  Do not upgrade to Spectrum!

For you it wasn't beneficial to make switch. For people like me it was totally worth it to switch. Instead of a blanket "Do not switch to Spectrum" line the best thing for everyone to do is to get all the facts, analyze the changes, then decide if what you gain or lose is worth it. It was worth it for me, not for you.

Rookie

I guess if it happens to me. I will say buy buy to them.