Browser

Channel Linups by Number and Name

I live in zip 04605 pay, my bill to Spectrum, and am called a Time-Warner customer. 

And I want to print listing of my subscribed TV channels ascending channel numbers and also by the names of service on the channels.  That would be two lists, one alphabetical, one numerical by channel number. 

I would like to have it as a text file or a *.pdf file with no images or embellishment or advertising.   An example of what does not meet my need is the https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/new-channel-lineup page.  The info I want is there but it cannot be sorted to the two lists I want.

I tried to get it online and it is not available, I went to chat and they provided a llisting of sorts but it is all scrambed up and is neither numerical or alphabetical.  

This is simply something that I want to edit (to remove unwanted/unwatch ever items from the listing) and print so that I can have listing on paper at hand and quickly find a service by name or so what in in my Select package and Silver package.  

Also, I can't believe that the people who respond when I opan a Chat from the Spectrum page are unable to send me listings like that.  The agent I talked to said they are unable to email me in any way shape or form.  That is simply stupid...

Jack

24 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Channel Linups by Number and Name

It's not stupid, it's for security purposes. 

As for your channel lineup issue, it sounds like you need to take the Spectrum lineup that you say has all the info and put it into a spreadsheet that you can sort and filter however you like...with no advertisements. 

Browser

I guess I found it not smart then, what are they?  Employees or enemies? 

When I said it has all the info I was saying the info can be seen there.  It is html and a mix of text and images, it would be a lot of work to gather all of the details and get them into a listing in a text file. 

I am paying Spectrum enough money that I consider it reasonable for them to provide me with this info.  I would consider providing it as a basic service and routine requirement and provide it.  

Are you a Time-Warner or Spectrum employee? 

Jack

Established Sharer

Channel lineups by tier are provided on your monthly bill.  My lineup was last provided on my bill in February.  I have my bill in .pdf format.

I cannot sort it without copying / pasting it into a spreadsheet, but alas, as a legacy TWC Starter TV subscriber, it doesn't change.

Is your bill available electronically?

Trusted Helper

This sounds like an Excel or compatible Spreadsheet issue,

I don't know if the data on Spectrum's PDF files is encrypted, which may make doing what you want to do difficult. Maybe you could just print out your line up and than create a list in Word, Open Office Writer,  Softmaker Free Office  Textmaker, or Google Docs, whatever word processor you use, one for the subscribed channels and one for the channel names, using Spectrum's PDF channel list as a printed reference.

Satch

Proven Sharer

@jackerbeswrote:

Are you a Time-Warner or Spectrum employee? 

Jack

Nope...just a customer like you.

Browser

OK, thanks for the suggestions on the bill download.  I pay it automatically each month so do not see it regularly.  

I still maintain that it would not be unreasonable to expect Spectrum to give users the listings in some form of document rather than me having to make my own if it want one...

Jack  

Browser

The downloaded bill, a *.pdf document does not give a listing of channels, is says this is what I am paying for:

Spectrum TV Select
Basic TV & Expanded Basic TV Service

For me to expect to get a printable listing of what is in the Select package is not unreasonable as far as I am concerned. 

I had hoped my answer would come from a Spectrum employee, I understand you people being entitled to opinions and to express them.  But I'm not going to argue with you about what I expect from the company. 

Jack

Proven Sharer

Is there a Spectrum store near you? Perhaps they have something that would work for you.

Boz
Sharer

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why can't you go to timewarnercable.com/en/tv/channels-lineup.html# , set it to display your particular channel lineup, sort by # or name, copy and paste into Excel, and manipulate the lists from there?

I tried it, and while it's not perfect, it works well enough for me.