Lead Moderator

Re: Channel Linups by Number and Name

Good morning Jack.

Our forums are intended for Peer to Peer support. We can certainly submit feedback

on the website and on what we are able to offer in regards to hard copies of channel 

line ups and/or any discrepancies you find there. 

You can reach our Social Media Customer Care team to submit that at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Thank you for your participation in the forums!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Hi Julia,

If the intent for it to be peer to peer was mentioned anywhere as I signed up here I missed it.  

"..We can certainly submit feedback on the website and on what we are able to offer in regards to hard copies of channel line ups and/or any discrepancies you find there..."

I don't use twitter or Facebook so I guess I would have to rely on someone in Sectrum to find my needs or desires as expressed here and pass them on to the right place in the company if the deemed it the right thing to do. 

I found a web page that had the email addresses of a couple of people who are at the headquarters level of Charter and expressed my concerns to them several days ago.  Today I got a phone call from a man named Wes and he indicated that the matter is being passed on to an element of the Charter company and that someone would give me a call about it.   So you may hear more about it sooner or later.  

I would consider the need to review and, in some cases, take some actions from things read on the forums to be essential to running Spectrum as a company.  

As it is now, using the various existing links did not get me a clear listings that I can print nor did the listings I did find correlate real well to what I see when I use the Guide on my TV.  

So we'll continue to discuss it here and when any element of the company wants to participate in that they are welcomed.   Some of the people who have replied to me here as peers as regulars on this forum and some of them have expressed an interest in seeing what happens from here forward.

Jack

Highlighted
Browser

@Bozwrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why can't you go to timewarnercable.com/en/tv/channels-lineup.html# , set it to display your particular channel lineup, sort by # or name, copy and paste into Excel, and manipulate the lists from there?

I tried it, and while it's not perfect, it works well enough for me.

Yep, that did work, I mentioned that a few posts back.  NotePad will "honor" the tabs whereas the text editor I used under Linux (Gedit) did not so when I used NotePad it worked. 

The laborius part of it all is that when you copy the listings from the web page you don't get tabs between the columns so you still have to go through the listings and take out all of the spaces between the columns and replace it with a tab and you have to end each line with a Return or Enter.  If you do that Excel and Office Calc will import the text file in two columns.

But you will still have the problem in that the channel names as seen on that page and the pages generated by the "wed view" thing are not quite the same as the channel names as seen when you use the Guide while watching TV. 

I still maintain that giving customers listings that can be easily downloaded and printed is nothing more than a basic tenant of customer service.   And reading these forums and reponding to peceived needs expressed here is just a basic tenant of customer service.   

I am paying them more than $3 a day for my silver package and want them to put the listings of what I am paying for up in a more accurate and useful format!  It is that simple! 

Jack

Browser

Today I got a Spectrum HD Channel Lineup in the mail.  It is a single page, two sided and has all the channel numbers and services (Basic, Select, Silver, and Gold) listed in groups by the service name.  Some are in a Other Services listing.

On the back of it is a alphabetical llisting of all the services by name and the channel number they are on, and the rates for Spectrum's various services.

Each channel is listed only once so to look for something in the Silver service I might have to go through the Basic, Select, and Silver, and Other Services listings to find it.  

It is printed with a faint font that is only 1/16" tall so I have to supply a magnifier with it for it to work for the person I am making these listings for.   

Listing was mailed from St. Louis, MO recently, and it marked "Bangor | March 2018".  I'm not sure what prompted the mailing, maybe it was my recent upgrade from Select to Silver?   Or maybe this thread?  

At any rate, I'm still looking forward to being able to download a printible and editable listing that will meet my needs...  

Jack 

Browser

I said:

"..At any rate, I'm still looking forward to being able to download a printible and editable listing that will meet my needs... "

And if it is not clear what I want it is a downloadable document, a *.pdf file for example or maybe even an *.xls spreadsheet that has two or more columns that list the channel numbers, the abbreviated form of the service's name as seen on the Guide listings on my TV, and a list of the services in a coherent and readable format.  

Jack