Highlighted
Rookie

Cannot watch AMC shows online - Spectrum link times out

When watching a show online, AMC in this case, the channel website forwards me to a  Spectrum site to login, but this link times out. 

https://tve.spectrum.net/openam/SSOPOST/metaAlias/charter/idp

It's been in this state for about 12 hours now. Other provider sites (Xfinity, Verizon) seem to work OK. 

7 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Cannot watch AMC shows online - Spectrum link times out

Good morning. 

Ive tried with several desktops/browsers and several different logins. I was not able to 

duplicate.  What browser are you using? 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Chrome, Firefox, and iOS on my iPad3. The page says "Please wait while we send you to your provider to log in..." and eventually times out.

Lead Moderator

Are you able to try the App? 

I am not getting the message  " Please wait while we send you to your provider 

login message"  it is taking me directly to our page and then after I input the user ID and password it redirects me to the AMC website again. 

You are using amc.com as the landing website?  Do you get this same result on 

an alternate computer? You are at home or on another network? 

Julia R

Rookie

If by "the App" you mean the AMC App for my iPad, yes.

I tried a few more things and the problem is just with the episode I want to watch on AMC.

Try AMC's "The Terror", episode 3, "The Ladder".  It seems that one episode is the problem. I have no problem playing episode 1 or 2. 

Trusted Helper

@kaugustc65wrote:

When watching a show online, AMC in this case, the channel website forwards me to a  Spectrum site to login, but this link times out. 

https://tve.spectrum.net/openam/SSOPOST/metaAlias/charter/idp

It's been in this state for about 12 hours now. Other provider sites (Xfinity, Verizon) seem to work OK. 

Hello,

Note that in order to watch Spectrum TV online, you must also subscribe to Spectrun cable tv service and have that channel in your package.  If so, try going directly to Spectrum TV.com here:

https://watch.spectrum.net/

Log in with the same user-name and password as you do to access My Account.  This should work.

Satch

Rookie

That appears to work for me, thanks! I have TiVo so i don't have access to OnDemand these days. This online option is something I didn't know about. 

Thanks again.

Trusted Helper

@kaugustc65wrote:

That appears to work for me, thanks! I have TiVo so i don't have access to OnDemand these days. This online option is something I didn't know about. 

Thanks again.

Glad to help!

If that worked for you, you can mark the issue as "Solved" so that might help other users with the same type of question or situation.

Satch