Can I trade 50 channels I don’t need for 3 lost in a downgrade?

I watch maybe 10 channels out of 125. We lost Disneyxd toonNik(?) and something similar in the downgrade. Can’t I give you back all sports channels, news channels as a trade for 3 kids channels?
2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Can I trade 50 channels I don’t need for 3 lost in a downgrade?

@kdm2020 wrote:
I watch maybe 10 channels out of 125. We lost Disneyxd toonNik(?) and something similar in the downgrade. Can’t I give you back all sports channels, news channels as a trade for 3 kids channels?

Hi KDM,

Spectrum offers an ala-cart plan called "Digital Choice" where you can choose from 10 of 65 channels without a cable box.  You can add channels and a cable box for an added fee.  More information is here:

https://www.spectrum.com/choice.html

There aren't too many other ala cart options.  What is your current TV plan and package level at this time?  You could reduce packages, for example going from Spectrum Gold to Spectrum Silver, or dropping Spectrum Gold, which would result in no premium channels, but you would still have the services from Digital Tier 1 and Digital Tier 2.  Specific channel trades are limited except for the options that I mentioned.

Satch

Established Sharer

Re: Can I trade 50 channels I don’t need for 3 lost in a downgrade?

@kdm2020 wrote:

Nope.  Outside of the a-la-carte options already mentioned, abcDisney wants you to pay for ESPN and ESPN2 so they can pay the NBA, MLB, and NFL for live sports programming.  Their business model is to bundle all of their channels as take-it-or-leave it.  Want Disney?  You need to take ESPN, too....