Highlighted
Rookie

CW Network Black for Weeks in 29926

In the past year, I bet I've only been able to watch a dozen or so episodes of some of my favorite TV shows live because the CW Network TWC affiliate for 29926 is absolutely pathetic. For most of the past year the quality was so poor that it looked like I was watching a VHS tape from the 80s. Now, the channel has been black for weeks with no solution or explanation. Just vague excuses about power outages and they're working on it. For a YEAR?! Now, we're well into Fall TV Premiere Season and I'm starting to be really angry. I mean, what am I paying for? I can't host viewing parties, I can't participate in live events and I have to avoid social media like the plague for fear of spoilers because I can't get that channel where I live. One of the FIVE BASIC NETWORKS. This isn't some hill billy channel way up the dial that like three people watch. It's riduclous. The only reason I still have a cable subscription at all instead of just streaming everything is that I enjoy the experience of watching my favorite shows live instead of days later when the rest of the viewing audience has moved on. If I can't do that, then what's the point?

I am just completely mysified why nothing has been done to recitfiy this on-going situation, It's been over a year of crappy or no service and that's unaccepable. Why hasn't this been addressed? This affiliate clearly has no business even being an affiliate anymore since they're NEVER ON THE AIR and I just can't fathom why they haven't lost their license to someone who can actually handle it. 

1 REPLY
Valued Participant

Re: CW Network Black for Weeks in 29926

Zora113 wrote:

In the past year, I bet I've only been able to watch a dozen or so episodes of some of my favorite TV shows live because the CW Network TWC affiliate for 29926 is absolutely pathetic. For most of the past year the quality was so poor that it looked like I was watching a VHS tape from the 80s. Now, the channel has been black for weeks with no solution or explanation. Just vague excuses about power outages and they're working on it. For a YEAR?! Now, we're well into Fall TV Premiere Season and I'm starting to be really angry. I mean, what am I paying for? I can't host viewing parties, I can't participate in live events and I have to avoid social media like the plague for fear of spoilers because I can't get that channel where I live. One of the FIVE BASIC NETWORKS. This isn't some hill billy channel way up the dial that like three people watch. It's riduclous. The only reason I still have a cable subscription at all instead of just streaming everything is that I enjoy the experience of watching my favorite shows live instead of days later when the rest of the viewing audience has moved on. If I can't do that, then what's the point?

I am just completely mysified why nothing has been done to recitfiy this on-going situation, It's been over a year of crappy or no service and that's unaccepable. Why hasn't this been addressed? This affiliate clearly has no business even being an affiliate anymore since they're NEVER ON THE AIR and I just can't fathom why they haven't lost their license to someone who can actually handle it. 

Are you talking about WGSA from Savanna Georgia, on channel 13 on your line-up?

Are you getting your TV service with a set-top box or DVR? Or is the cable connected directly to the TV?

If you have a STB or DVR, are you able to get the WGSA sub-channels on channels 1260 and 1261?