Bring Back France 24 !

Looks like France 24 has been dropped. There was a message this morning saying something like this network channel no longer exists. Shame! It was the only news channel I could watch in the mornings. Straight up news, no puppy dogs, no Kardashians, just good journalists doing a good job on world news. Something you just can't get on the local channels.

6 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Bring Back France 24 !

You don't say what area you're in.

There's an app.
Newcomer

Spectrum dropped France 24 in the NYC area on January 4, but the service people kept telling me it was a signal problem and wasted almost 2 hours of my time between a Live Chat and an actual service call.  The technician finally talked to someone on the phone who said the channel had been dropped.  To add insult to injury, when I complained that I was now paying the same amount but getting less, the rep just suggested that I upgrade to a more expensive package to get TV5 (not the same channel) or switch to the TV Select plan which offers less of the channels that we watch than the plan we currently have.  Given the lessening of service quality since Spectrum took over and the fact that we really liked to watch France 24, I am now exploring options for switching providers or cutting the cord entirely.

cc3
Newcomer

Agree. It is most disconcerting. I was told  by a kind technician that I could always watch France 24 on the internet. There is no official notification from Spectrum.  It was my favorite News channel.  If anyone knows  another cable carrier that has France 24 in the NY area please share- as i will change cable providers.  Otherwise perhaps its time to drop cable TV altogether.

agf
N/A

I agree. France 24 was dropped out-of-the-blue in Los Angeles. France 24 and NHK programming were real treats for international news. BBC America is still there, and so is RT programming (yuck) -- so what the hell? Al Jazeera folded, so that's understandable, but now this??? Ridiculous and depressing, especially since my cable bill is still the same! Bring it back now!

Newcomer

Totally agree about wanting this channel back (in English and how about French/Arabic as well?).  France 24 was dropped in NYC area without warning and I got no response from Spectrum as to the reason. It was one of the best news channels available in the area. True we can watch it online, but as others have pointed out, we're paying for less now and on Spectrum we are left with BBC World News and RT(!) . Sad lack of decent overseas English-language news channels. TV5 is not the same, obviously (not an international news channel!).

I am so disappointed that they dropped this news channel without warning.  I know I can watch it on the internet, but it was a key selling point to my taking service with TW/Spectrum. BRING IT BACK!!!