Newcomer

Audio/video sync problem on NBA TV, again

For the second time in the last month, NBA TV has audio that is very far behind the video. Mobile/online feed does not have this problem, only the set top box, and this is the only channel with this issue. Other channels  are fine.

It was 8-10 seconds behind a few weeks ago for about a week, now it's about 5 seconds behind. When I reported it then, it took about 4 days just to get someone to escalate it properly where they'd even have a headend engineer look at it. Support initially tried to say it was a "loose connection" to my box (despite no degradation) and they required that I do a technician visit before they'd consider any other possibilities. A neighbor in my area confirmed he saw the same thing, but this did nothing to convince support to raise the issue.

The technician came out, saw the problem, asked about why support had me do the technician visit, and laughed. In the first minute or so in the door he said it had to be a headend issue, that there wasn't anything we could do from my end, so he spent a bit of time calling it in. Ticket 25390318 got opened, and a little over a day later someone called, basically said the same thing, and sent the ticket higher up. A day or two later, it was back to normal. Start to finish, about 6 days.

Last night, after reporting the recurrence of the exact same issue, support is telling me I need to go through all of this again from square one, take time off work to have another technician come out, etc. I realize L1 support is all about reading from a script and being a human filter, but why is it so impossible to get anyone to even consider investigate a systemic, recurring issue at MCHE or at super headend, or wherever else it gets muxed/distributed, or the originating feed itself, etc.?

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Audio/video sync problem on NBA TV, again

bctx wrote:

For the second time in the last month, NBA TV has audio that is very far behind the video. Mobile/online feed does not have this problem, only the set top box, and this is the only channel with this issue. Other channels  are fine.

It was 8-10 seconds behind a few weeks ago for about a week, now it's about 5 seconds behind. When I reported it then, it took about 4 days just to get someone to escalate it properly where they'd even have a headend engineer look at it. Support initially tried to say it was a "loose connection" to my box (despite no degradation) and they required that I do a technician visit before they'd consider any other possibilities. A neighbor in my area confirmed he saw the same thing, but this did nothing to convince support to raise the issue.

The technician came out, saw the problem, asked about why support had me do the technician visit, and laughed. In the first minute or so in the door he said it had to be a headend issue, that there wasn't anything we could do from my end, so he spent a bit of time calling it in. Ticket 25390318 got opened, and a little over a day later someone called, basically said the same thing, and sent the ticket higher up. A day or two later, it was back to normal. Start to finish, about 6 days.

Last night, after reporting the recurrence of the exact same issue, support is telling me I need to go through all of this again from square one, take time off work to have another technician come out, etc. I realize L1 support is all about reading from a script and being a human filter, but why is it so impossible to get anyone to even consider investigate a systemic, recurring issue at MCHE or at super headend, or wherever else it gets muxed/distributed, or the originating feed itself, etc.?

Hello,

This definitely sounds like a head-end issue.  I have often found help by reaching out to the Forums Help Team by sending them a PM with your account information.  Copy and paste your story into the PM and ask them to open a support ticket.  Have them give you the number of the ticket and have the Direct Team escalate this issue to the right department.  Make sure that you say you have already had a tech out, and he said it was a head end issue.  This really should be escalated to Tier 3, (You can mention this in your PM.) They have the resources to do more with issue like this than level 1 customer care.

This is better than calling, because you remove the scripted response through this method of communication.  In what city and state are you located?  What is your zip code?  Maybe other customers may be having the same issues in your area?

Satch