Rookie

Acquiring channels

I have three televisions all with Spectrum. Two get A&E the third does not. Can I program the third TV so that I can receive this channel? Directions please.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: Acquiring channels

@bharvey wrote:

I have three televisions all with Spectrum. Two get A&E the third does not. Can I program the third TV so that I can receive this channel? Directions please.

What kind of equipment are you using to view Spectrum programming on these sets?

Rookie

I have the regular equipment that I had to pick up at the spectrum store when TWC changed.

No special additions , just the boxes and remotes they provided. I thought all TV's would receive the same line-up.

Proven Sharer

I would think so, too.  What message is displayed?  Are you getting a blank screen?  Is the box displaying a message that you are not authorized to receive this station?

In the interim, let's attempt to eliminate something (possibly a wiring issue).

Swap locations of two of the boxes (the one that doesn't get A&E with one that does) and see what happens.

Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this.  The one that isn't receiving A & E was actually hooked up by a Spectrum service person. The TV and Cable  box turn on and the screen says "please wait and displays the HDMI letters. I can get all the other channels in the basic line-up which I have. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Established Sharer

You said that you have a total of three separate boxes for your TV viewing locations.  Are they all of the same type (DVR, set-top converter, or digital TV adaptor), or do they provide different service connections? 

In general, all boxes on a single account should provide the same channel line-up, UNLESS you requested reduced service at one or more viewing locations.  Customers often do this to reduce their total monthly billing amount.