Observer

2 channels pixelate the rest are ok

I have 2 channels MSG and MSG+ that pixelate when my cablecard tunes into them. As far as I can tell it is just those 2 channels. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: 2 channels pixelate the rest are ok

[ Edited ]

dpohlma wrote:

I have 2 channels MSG and MSG+ that pixelate when my cablecard tunes into them. As far as I can tell it is just those 2 channels. Any suggestions?

The CSR's when you call Customer Service know ziltch about cable cards.  For best results:

Go to the TWC Direct Forum at the link below.  Register, with an account, or log in if you already have an accounrt.  Give the following at that forum:

• Name on account
  • Address
  • Phone #
  • City, State, Zip
  • Account #
  • Email Address
  • Description of Problem

The TWC Direct Forum should put you in contact with someone who knows what they are doing right away.  Title your post "Pixiated Channels With Cable Card"  In your inquiry, I would name those channels, and  request a signal and line check at your home if the pixilation does not stop or returns a short time later.  If a tech comes, you should tune into one of those pixilated stations, so he can do a signal reading right off that channel.  Here is the TWC Direct Forun:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect

Satch

Expert

see if those channels have lower signal levels or lower s/n that other ones.

Make sure you have 5-1000 mHz splitters and no extra/ empty ports.

Observer

Thank you for the advice. I will make sure about my splitter specs and make sure there are no open ports before I call TWC Cablecard department. I also have a dslreports.org account.