Participant

"You don't subscribe ..." message with Cisco STA1520

[ Edited ]

I was getting frequent "You don't subcribe ..."  messages for channels that I subscribe to. After dozens of reinitializing phone calls to Oceanic Time Warner Cable I swapped the Tuning Adaptor (Cisco STA1520). I  still get the message sometimes, but not all the time. Sometimes I get the message and if I wait 1-2 minutes the channel appears, but not all the time.

I read elsewhere that I should check to ensure I have the latest firmware for the TA which the poster said is: 

FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901
App(s): SARA v1.61.41.a203

How do I find out what version I have and how would I update it? I dread the long procedure on the phone to talk with an OTWC tech.  It often takes them 1-2 weeks to answer an email.

Anyone have a solution?

Aloha,

Kerry

System components:

Samsung UDTV UN55JS8500

Moxi 2-Tuner MR-1500-T3 DVD recorder

Cisco Tuning Adapter (Cisco STA1520)

Internet/Cable Modem: SMC Networks D#CM 1604 DOCSIS 3.0 16x4

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: "You don't subscribe ..." message with Cisco STA1520

Is this installed correctly with the moxi connected to the out port on the ta and the ta in port going to a 2 way splitter with the twc modem on the other port?

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages from 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1

Contributor

Your Cisco TA has the current firmware installed. It may not mean anything, but that model of Moxi is not on the TWC approved list. I am not familiar with it. Have you check with Moxi support:

"https://accounts.moxi.com/support_technical.jsp"

Participant

[ Edited ]

Thanks for confirming that I have the most recent version of my TA's firmware.

Moxi discontinued support for their retail model about ten years ago. When I replaced the TA with a refurbished one from TWC I was getting all the channels I'm supposed to get. Lately I'm getting the error message. This leads me to believe that the problem is with the TA/TWC.

I don't know how to copy-paste the TA's 4 pages of data.

Thank you.

Kerry