VCB
N/A

Used DVR and new cable card???

I am new to TWC and have a Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR that I bought online. I am having cable installed this week with a TWC HD set top box in livingroom, if I lease a cable card and put it in the DVR box will it work for my bedroom? And will it get on demand, ppv and most channels? Thanks
7 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Used DVR and new cable card???

The TWC cable boxes do not use a cable card.

VCB
N/A

But the DVR box I purchased online has a slot for a cable card, can I use a TWC cable card with my own box?
Expert

TWC at this time doesn't allow COAM DVR's of that type, only Tivo/Ceton and SiliconDevices.

Newcomer

Always always always check online the  "Time Warner Cable DVR's allowed" BEFORE you purchase it. Many folks buy and just assume that Time Warner will be able to utilze that DVR or any other replacement piece that everyone buys to avoid paying rental fee's on equipment that is usally paid for within the first 3-6 months of use !! many an account holder has either gotten stuck with a unit they can't use, or go through the hassel of returning it to the place of purchase. And that's if that place allows returns !!!!    Research research research !!! 

Sharer

VCB wrote:
I am new to TWC and have a Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR that I bought online. I am having cable installed this week with a TWC HD set top box in livingroom, if I lease a cable card and put it in the DVR box will it work for my bedroom? And will it get on demand, ppv and most channels? Thanks

--------

That IS supposed to be a device TWC supports, and it does take a cable card, so you'll have to try it, and then let US know if it works.  I have my doubts, but they're mild, not major doubts.

It's likely you'll still get charged a fee (DVR service) for having it, just not the extra 'box' charge.

Newcomer

The separate CableCARDs that TWC gives out are configured to not use Tru2Way services (guide, on demand, etc...)
Expert

[ Edited ]

TWC doesn't allow coam boxes... most are stolen!