Highlighted
Rookie

My Tivo worked great for 2 weeks

Hi I just had TWC install a Cable/Internet/Phone package on Oct 1 2014. They ran new cable from the Fibre drop across the street. Every thing is new. My TiVo premere worked great for the first two weeks. When they installed it TWC had my address listed wrong, and on Oct 14,2014 the Office "moved" my service to the correct address ( for Billing and 911 purposes) and I lost all my Digital channels on the TiVo only. TWC has benn out here 3  times in the last 2 weeks with a handful of cards. It is paired correctly. There is a Tuning adaptor. On my TiVo I have a Conditional Access screen and the AUTH: MP code is there. MP stands for Missing Package. All the installers and the techs have told me that that value has to be changed but no one knows how and who does this. There is also a different Value that shows ? and that should be S. They left after 3 hours today and said that they have 3 other customers nearby that have the same issue. I don't know if the others ever had TiVo working in the area, I hear more every time a different service guy comes by.

Any help?

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: My Tivo worked great for 2 weeks

Have you tried resetting the Tivo?

Is the Coax cable looped thru the tuning adapter correctly?

Can TWC "see" the tuning adapter when you call them?

You may need to reset Tivo to factory defaults and start over...

Do you have a twc cable modem?, if so copy and paste ir's upstream/ downstream level pages

Rookie

Yes I have tried resetting the TiVo, not an issue. I also have had 4 different service calls in the last two weeks.3 times they only brought 1 card, which 1 had the right values (more on that later). They have hooked up the TiVo in multiple different ways, Once hooked up conventionaly Cable from the wall to the tuning adaptor, then out of T/A and into the TiVo, with a USB cable connecting the two. Then I found out that it is not nessessary to run Co-Ax from the T/A,but the usb must always connect. When it was configured like that I had good VALUES on the cable card options/Conditional access screen. The CON: value was YES, EBCP: yes VAL:V. The only thing wrong on this screen was under Auth: the letters MP which means missing packet or package. and CCI: OxOO ? the question mark is not suppost to be there. ON 10/22/14 I had a three way conversation with TiVo and TWC cable card hotline and we discovered on the DVR Dianostics scree I had too high a SNR: at 38dB and Signal strength of 96%. speaking with John at TiVo it was noted the values were recorded and I was told at that time to put a 2 way splitter into the cable for the TiVo to bring the TiVo SNR: down to below 35dB and the signal strength should be between 85 and 99%. On 10/28 TWC came by with a handful of cards and swapped cards out and now my CON value is NO so there is no way that my TiVo can recieve signal untill they bring a different card again.TWC is going to come back sometime around noon on 10/30/14 so lets hope they can get this issue resolved. If Not I have found out that TWC has a duty to support my CABLE CARD DEVICE under FCC Rules. I wil start filing complaints soon and under FCC rules they cannot charge me for cable card rental until the issue is resolved.

Rookie

I also did forget to mention it is only my SDV channels that don't work. (channels 20 and up) All my locals work fine and my TiVo records them great.

Rookie

Do you have a twc cable modem?, if so copy and paste ir's upstream/ downstream level pages.

I'm not sure what this means I do have TWC modem and it works great using my existing router. What do you mean by copyand paste the"ir upstream/downstream level pages"? On The Cable Card menu Interactive Info screen  under IP Address currently reads 0.0.0.0 I don't think that is correct also.I believe there should be an address there. 

Expert

[ Edited ]

Woman WinkThe higher the s/n the better..  38 db is better than 35.... that is what affects picture quality.

You should not be using the splitter, it should be using the one in the TA... a splitter in front of it and no term resistor on the TA can result in it's signal being cut by 7+dB...

In the TIVO, it should have a screen to look at the TA's OOB  t/rx levels... what are they?

Go to 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 to get the modems upstream and downstream levels. I need to see how they compare, especially how high the upstreams running.

I assume there is only a single 2 way splitter between the outside and the modem/tivo and no extra ports

Rookie

My Tivo is now working. When Time Warner "moved" my address to My correct address they didn't set the values right. There were at least 4 other accounts that had a similar issue. I had a TWC installer stop by after he fixed someone else's TiVo and he noticed that TWC had my cable card as a 2 way device. The Cable Card is only a 1 way device and the Tuning Adaptor makes it 2 way.Once he got this info to TWC Cable card hotline and swapped cards 1 last time everything worked. took him 5 minutes.I am going to take pictures of all my diagnostic screens so I have a record of all the values and what they should be. I am very happy now and Time Warner did not let me down cause they kept at it untill I had my TiVo working.

jb1
Newcomer

My Tivo worked great for 6 months, TWC did some type of upgrade, been down all week. Tech placed a order for new card found out it was the wrong card, bottom line no college football this week end. Footnote: cable bill got here ok
Rookie

Make sure that your cable card is marked on the cable card diagnostics screen as a 1 way device. If they changed settings on your service they may have just copied and pasted the settings (at the cable card hotline 1-866-532-2598) to reflect a two way card. You can access the cable card diagnostic no problem (it says for installers only) but anyone can check their diagnostic settings. If so you may be able to get the cable card hotline to change this setting.