9 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: tivo cable cards

The Cablecard rep I spoke to said the TA wasn't coded correctly on my account. The MAC address was correct, but something else on the back end wasn't causing it not to sync correctly with the cablecard. 

Expert

TA issue? Been a common failure in the TWC/Spectrum transfers..All the Mac addy's must be entered correctly.

You shouldn't need anything new, yet they send customers all sorts of junk, mainly 8 ch modems to replace 16 channel onesfor 100 and slower speeds which is taking a step backwards.

Rookie

thanks...all  set..

hefs

Established Sharer

Now that I think about it  did have a problem with the tuning adapter. Once I called in to the dedicated line (wait was only 5 minutes) they guided me to the appropriate screen to check 2 specific settings that weren't right. Within a minute it was corrected and all is good. 

Just for reference, are you called this number for the Cablecard support team? 866-532-2598

Rookie

thanks for the come back..i have not talked to them yet..will try again today,,

Rookie

thanks..i came on here due to the wait time to get them..but will try again..

Expert

Did they send you a new tunning adapter?

Sounds like it's not recognized anymore...

Established Sharer

What package did you have before and what package do you have now?  A few months ago I switched to a Spectrum package and currently get more channels for less. I also have a Cablecard for a TiVo and I receive all the channels I should be getting.

Have you tried reaching the dedicated Cablecard support team? A regular rep probably can't help you with cablecard issues.

Established Sharer

hefs wrote:

I was told yesterday that my TWC cards would be switched to Spectrum  cards and would recive 125 chanells <now getting 72>..I have reset both boxes and see no change in line up..

The wait times are forever to talk to someone so came here..any information on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

hefs

==============

So far, pretty much EVERYONE who has posted here that they have 'upgraded'' from TWC to Spectrum, has ended up with FEWER channels, and higher costs.

Highlighted
Rookie

tivo cable cards

I was told yesterday that my TWC cards would be switched to Spectrum  cards and would recive 125 chanells <now getting 72>..I have reset both boxes and see no change in line up..

The wait times are forever to talk to someone so came here..any information on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

hefs