3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: "Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider"

Might be related to Microsofts dropping of WMC support. Another HDCP issue...Glad Hauppage repaired it.

Spectator

Thanks, MsRaye. I got a possibly very good tip from @TWC_Help on Twitter advising me to get the latest drivers and firmware update from Hauppage and reset the channels from within the tuner's software.

I did that and am now successuffly recording Days of Our Lives from NBC as a test. I won't say the problem is fixed yet, but so far, so good.

The problem was/is occurring on several networks, not just NBC, which led me to believe that it was related somehow to the hardware change, as weird as that seems. It never even occurred to me that it was related to the tuner!

Expert

Complain to the network and see if they have flagged them "do not record". You'll get best results from the local broadcaster than twc

What is your zip code and what are the shows/ networks? some user here may be able to verify the issue...Robot Sad.

Spectator

"Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider"

After changing the keyboard (!) on my desktop, I started getting this message from WMC (Win 7) for many network shows that I tried to record. I have re-installed PlayReady to no avail. I disconnected/reconnected the Cisco STA 1520 Tunig Adapter.

Something is making WMC see a "Copy Never" tag on some network shows. They play fine, but will not record.

Has anyone else seen, or better yet, solved this? I've been working on it for days, and nothing is working. Thanks