2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: how do I switch to a new TIVO? (this is a cross post)

mangurian wrote:

I am upgrading from a Roamio to a Bolt.  What action do I need to take with Spectrum?

My Tivos run off tuning adapters to give me added channels in my package.

Can I just plug in the cable card from the Roamio into the Bolt or do I need help from Spectrum?

Thanks,

You certainly can transfer the existing cablecard and TA to the Bolt. The setup process for the Bolt should be automatic and work correctly but if it doesn't, cablecard support can get you over the finish line.  Don't try to go through regular customer service or the chat reps, they have no clue about cablecards or Tivos.  Dedicated cablecard support line is 866-532-2598.

Spectrum Employee

Re: how do I switch to a new TIVO? (this is a cross post)

Hello mangurian,

This link will take you directly to the support page, which has a link specifically for setting up and installing your new TiVo Bolt, and the service number to the Cable Card Customer Support line.

https://support.tivo.com/SupportHomePage1

Hope this is what you need, have a great day!

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Highlighted

how do I switch to a new TIVO? (this is a cross post)

I am upgrading from a Roamio to a Bolt.  What action do I need to take with Spectrum?

My Tivos run off tuning adapters to give me added channels in my package.

Can I just plug in the cable card from the Roamio into the Bolt or do I need help from Spectrum?

Thanks,