4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: cord shaving

The tuner adapter is included in the cost of the CableCard. I have a CableCard and tuner adapter for a TiVo and, as far as I know,  get all channels in my package with the exception of On Demand and PPV. The TAs are very sensitive and need a good signal to operate properly.

Expert

where are the threads? I've seen little here, except when folks aren't using a TA, they only get the starter tier of channels.

Newcomer

ok so just need a cable card and tunning adapter. Can i ask why there are so many threads stating they are missing a ton of channels when using the above with  something like hdhomerun prime and spectrum?

Expert

NO, you must also get the TA (tuning Adapter) which is a cable modem that has an internal 2 way splitter and a usb cable that connects to your SD HR box to make it into a 2 way device.

otherwise sou won't get the SDV channels.

As far as I know, DRM shouldn't be an issue... But it could be if the SD box allows streaming offsite or to a recording device...

you need to ask on the SD support sites and see what issues are with DRM and TWC

Next issue is signal levels...

How many boxes/ modems and what sort of splitters?

The TA modem won't work with levels below -10 dBmv

Newcomer

cord shaving

hello, i am planning on purchasing a hdhomerun prime in the coming weeks and leasing a cable card thru spectrum.  Although, now i'm seeing some information about DRM roadblocks. Will i be able to view every channel i currently am paying for? (i dont have showtime,hbo ,etc)