14 REPLIES
Browser

Re: cable cards

being in a lagacy TWC area and calling 1-866-532-2598 this number has never really worked for me i get routed all over the place
Helper

I assume you also have the Motorola tuner adapter rather than the Cisco? I hope so as the Cisco is horrible and requires daily or weekly reboots for some people. 

Browser

i got the arris tuning adapter aloong with a motorola m card
Browser

no worries i get them confused all the time LOL
Helper

Not to nitpick, but it's not a digital tuner. It's a tuner adapter. They are completely separate devices.

Browser

i did call 1-866-532-2598 and was routed all over the place LOL. so after a few times of calling around that night and going to tech support for the t.v. side of things i finally got a rep that knew what i was talking about!!! i got the digital tuner and cable card today!!!! something that should take 10 mins to do should have not taken 3 weeks to complete!!!
Browser

the woman that outright said that i could not have a card because i wasn't an old twc customer was just outright rude.
Helper

Spectrum absolutely supports cablecards and tuner adapters...I have it myself with a TiVo setup. Yes, most CSRs are clueless about cablecards since less than 1% of 1% of customers use them. Sadly, all cable companies are lacking in their cablecard support and training.

Did you call the cablecard group at 866-532-2598? They have always been very helpful to me and have never been transferred to any other group as you describe.

Browser

well i called again last night but this time it was to the dedicated cable card number!!! who would have ever thought that one would get tech support i get that part of it!!! i got the billing dept twice and both reps told me that they do not support cable cards period. and the third one had no clue what i was talking about and told me that i needed the cisco adaptor with the remote!!!

needless to say after all of this nonsence spectrum has lost a customer to dish

and to be honest the only GD thing that has been working right is the damm internets i forgot to mention that there so called home phone goes blank as well when i try to dial out. i have to hang up and redial and sometimes it goes blank the second time. and they expect me to pay $ 123.00 a month for this mess!!!

Browser

i agree with you were all here to help one another out!!! and i will let her work her magic!!!. though i refuse to call the main number for a cable card since it seems like no one knows what a tuning adapter is and they all say that i need a digital adapter it's just frustraiting i know the tuning adapter plugs into the usb port on the tivo to tell it what signals to grab since spectrum uses switched signals now to manage the bandwith.