8 REPLIES
Browser

Re: WMC (Windows Media Center) Not retrieving guide/channel listings after Spectrum switch

simple fix if you are willing to do a little reading and learn , use EPG 123 for a quality tv guide listing in WMC . the service is provided by schedules direct through this software which is the company that originally provided the EPG listings through Zap 2 it (gracenote info)  which was switched to a company called Rovi by microsoft  a few years ago and the info and listings are not very accurate  from rovi.

Newcomer

Re: WMC (Windows Media Center) Not retrieving guide/channel listings after Spectrum switch

Returned to NYC after a few months away and had the same issue.

To fix it:

1. Boot into safe mode

2. cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome

3. Rename or simply

mkdir SAVE

move  *.db SAVE

4. Reboot

This fixed my frustrating problem.  My system is overly complex with:

Winlirc

Eventghost

Comskip

MCE_Backup

Perl Scripts for programming Onkyo and everthing else.

Ceton Tuner

So of course I had forgotten everthing.  

Newcomer

Same issue here with 2 systems. Both running Windows 8.1, one with ceton tuner and card, the other is silicon dust without card. The guide went blank for all HD channels yesterday. SD still has the info though.
Newcomer

I am having a similar problem.  CableCard in personal compter with WMC  and Ceton tuners working fine for about three years in Lexiington, KY.  Yesterday I noticed that the program guide had not downloaded and would not download.  The system has been getting the guide from Spectrum, not a third party.  No recent change TWC vs Spectrum as far as I know.  What files did you remove before trying to reload?

Observer

This issue has been resolved. There was something wrong with one of the EPG files which was causing it to be locked and not update with data. Removing the guide files and reapplying the configurations through WMC corrected the problem and guides are back.

OS is windows 8.1 / Card is in a HDHR prime

Not sure about your experiences with WMC in general - but I personally have not had any problems with the guides up until this point. Because of the timing and the change of the guide label online (TWC Dayton) to (Spectrum Dayton)  - I was under the assumption that it was something that had changed on either Spectrum side or the third party that handles the guide listings. in either case I figured I would start at the closest relative possibility. 

With live TV online most people dont require an older setup; or they can use a Roku if they want to have a more box-like expererience.  But there is just no other way or software to do DVR on shows that do not have an on demand option online - and do not want the extra equipment in their home. WMC is the only platform that can do this thanks to the overzealous DRM placed on almost all content. And one cannot DVR a show - without a accurate guide to set up a scheduled record.

Expert

You still haven't answered the question.. What OS and card are you using? What is the cable card plugged into?

WMC does not use the TWC/ Spectrum guide , at least mine didn't, and I got fed up with trying to update both so they agreed. Finally killed WMC off as it lost support.

When did this actually happen?

Did something just get updated?

The TWC to Spectrum switch was last year... or did you just recently switch providers from legacy TWC to Spectrum?

Observer

The guide was working fine until the exchange between TWC and Spectrum. This is not a MS issue - I can change the provider (non TWC/Spectrum) and it tries to pull in that data and program the channels for the cable card but all the data is wrong. Channel lineups - guides for non box set users are provided by the service provider; not MS

If cable card services are not provided by spectrum then I have a serious problem because the tuner services work just fine; I am paying for it through my package; and the card and the tuning adapter are TWC/Spectrum provided equipment. I also fail to see what net services has anything to do with tuner fed signals. Spectrum comes up as the service provider/channel lineup when I use the WMC setup up and it gives me that much. Upon trying to update the guide (which went without a hitch through TWC) it suggests that the guide was updated / but it was not

Expert

Couple of issues, mainly Microsofts cancellation of WMC support.

What OS are you running?

What capture device?

none of the above are supported... most likely

Where is your guide coming from?

It may be dead as well...

Can you use the guide at watch spectrum.net?

Observer

WMC (Windows Media Center) Not retrieving guide/channel listings after Spectrum switch

Hi

My WMC is no longer downloading guide/channel listings after the switch from TWC to Spectrum. The cable card and all equipment is working properly - I have no signal loss or any other issues except for WMC downloading the guides. 

Is there a ticket/resolution underway for fixing this problem? If so could someone please create one.

Thank you.