5 REPLIES
Helper

Re: VOD AND PPV

@Satch wrote:

@reds91185 wrote:

I agree with this statement that PPV functionality should still be an option on a cablecard device. Twice a year that I order a PPV boxing match I go to my local Spectrum store and pick up a basic set top box for one day, then return it the following day. Such a hassle.

Reds,

That wouldn't be a bad idea.  I think the problem is that the Cable Cards can't do the Impulse Purchasing for VOD and PPV.  Maybe you should go to a store and see if you can get a deal on a regular Spectrum box for a year?  Do you have reliability problems with your cable cards?

Satch

I have had very few issues with my cablecard setup since it's been set up. The occasional reboot is needed (once every few months or so) but I think that's more to do with the TiVo than the CC or tuner adapter. 

I've tried asking about  deal for a box but no go. I just pick up a $4.99 box and return it. That comes to $10 a year vs. $60 for a box that would sit in the closet for 363 days a year. I think the CC/tuner adapter setup is technically able to access VOD and PPV, it's just Spectrum doesn't allow it. They would rather customers lease set top boxes since there's more profit margin there.

Browser

if i had my way they could also take the locals off my line up and save me 9.00 a month to. since i can get them free Smiley Happy
Browser

he will have to fight tooth and nail to get any deals from this company Smiley Sad
Trusted Helper

@reds91185 wrote:

I agree with this statement that PPV functionality should still be an option on a cablecard device. Twice a year that I order a PPV boxing match I go to my local Spectrum store and pick up a basic set top box for one day, then return it the following day. Such a hassle.

Reds,

That wouldn't be a bad idea.  I think the problem is that the Cable Cards can't do the Impulse Purchasing for VOD and PPV.  Maybe you should go to a store and see if you can get a deal on a regular Spectrum box for a year?  Do you have reliability problems with your cable cards?

Satch

Helper

Browser

VOD AND PPV

ok so why do i loose the VOD and the PPV when i use a cable card with spectrum??? i know in my other residence i use cox and i have full access to there VOD and PPV. i don't see why i would loose that with spectrum if it's in my package and the cable card is decoding it