4 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Tivo bolt - HBO etc missing after changing tuning adapter - error v52

TIVO (merged with ROVI) receive the channel to frequency data from Spectrum. It is TIVO that then provides the lineup and schedule used by their devices.

The time that this may take varies. Problems and delays can occur by both parties involved. Your best recourse is to communicate this to TIVO, as they are the only one who will know where the problem may lie. TIVO can then goose Spectrum if need be.

Browser

Same problem here on many channels. . Spectrum was here today with a tech and a supervisor. They were here for several hours. They changed out the tuning adapter and I am still missing channels. Supervisor said it’s a new problem affecting lots of TiVo users in Charlotte because they remapped the frequencies the channels are on recently. Now the TiVos can’t locate the channels.
Newcomer

I spoke with a couple people in the cable card group, but didnt seems especially knowledgeable or insightful, just the standard reboot your stuff and if that doesnt work will send techs again. If I had a specific person and their direct phone number that was like the Neo or super nerd of that dept maybe they would know. Or if I called that group and knew what the specific remedy to instruct them to do.
Helper

Yes there is some sort of pairing or configuration issue somewhere. The dedicated CableCARD support group should be able to get you up and running:

866-532-2598

Newcomer

Tivo bolt - HBO etc missing after changing tuning adapter - error v52

Spectrum sent us a new tuning adapter and hbo, showtime, el Rey, FXm, reelz, and others stopped coming though on our TiVo bolt. Indicates error code v52 searching for signal on this channel.

They sent out technicians twice, spent hours here checking everything but they couldn’t find any wiring or hardware issue. Also they changed the cable card, but didn’t help. Tv in bedroom that doesn’t use TiVo (ie no tuning adapter or cable card) works fine and all channels show up.

I don’t think I suddenly have an actual signal strength problem ( it didn’t exist before changing the ta, and the non-TiVo/non ta/ccard tv has no issues with signal or anything). The easy fixes of rebooting things or techs checking the wiring and such haven’t worked.

I suspect it’s a settings/configurations/synced/thing with the cable and/or TiVo or signal/feed or ta or such. Like one link in the chain needs to be adjusted to let everything properly flow. Maybe something just isn’t set up right or needs different settings or linked properly or something.

Anyone know the answer to this?