4 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Tivo Bolt Not Working With TWC/Motorola Tuning Adapter

My tivo does the same thing. Im paying for NFL, TVG, and all other sports and I cant watch it. The tech has been to my house twice. NO change in my service or bill..... On top of that, my "up to 300" never clears 175 on a connected computer.
Expert

Is the only other device you have a cable modem and is it on a 2 way splitter?

Copy and paste the modems signal level page.  Need to see if levels are on the edge...

What level tiers of TV are you paying for?

Next, does the TA show up on your eqt in "My Services"?

Does it have the right mac on it?

When you've called TWC, do they see this TA?

There's also the possibility that you have a bad cablecard.

Newcomer

The COAX goes from the will into the In on the adapter then routes out to the Tivo.  Then the USB connects to the top port of the Tivo. The TWC tech verified the setup is correct and the signal from the cabling is powerful enough.

Expert

how is the coax connected?

Newcomer

Tivo Bolt Not Working With TWC/Motorola Tuning Adapter

I've been trying to set up my tuning adapter to get NFL RedZone on my Tivo Bolt. I've had it since January. All the channels that dont require a tuning adapter are fine. However, when I try to install the Tuning Adapter, the Tivo Bolt kicks back the message:

"Your tuning adapter does not recognize the security certificates on this TiVo box. Please contact your cable provider and request a firmware upgrade. You will not be able to watch or record some channels until the issue is resolved."

Tivo said the firmware of the Motorola TV Tuner needs to be MTR_PLAT01.40. TWC tells me all of their TV tuners have the latest firmware. But, they can't actually verify the firmware version because the Tivo can't see it. I've checked out this thread from 2014 and 

I've tried 3 different tuning adapters, been on about 3 hours worth of support calls with the CableCARD division, and spent 3 hours with a technician. After all of that time, TWC concludes that "the problem is a bad USB port on the Tivo". This seems very convienient for TWC. Tivo says it's a problem with TWC equipment. No one can give me an answer that actually works. This seems very convienient for Tivo.

Whether it's Tivo, TWC or both, this is extremely frustrating. It seems that the customer is the one who loses in these scenarios. Any help would be very much appreciated.