Expert

Re: TiVo Roamio & Motorola Tuning Adapter

[ Edited ]

call the cablecard support group:   1-866-532-2598

Observer

TiVo Roamio & Motorola Tuning Adapter

Bought a brand new TiVo Roamio and called and got it all paired with the cable card that was in my old TiVo.  When I hook the Tuning Adapter to the TiVo via the USB port I get a message that reads:

Your tuning adapter does not recognize the security certificates on this TiVo box. Please contact your cable provider and request a firmware upgrade. You will not be able to watch or record some channels until the issue is resolved.

So, I can't get all my switched channels.  HBO, Showtimes, etc.

Now, I know this is apparently a known issue, that the motoral tuning adaptors need an upgrade in firmware.  However, when I called TIme Warner, they said that it is a known issue but I have to wait or a software upgrade from TiVo.  General concensus on the TiVo forums is that TIme Warner has to upgrade the Tunind Adapter firmware.

I'd like to know, definitively, who I need to pester to get this fixed.

TiVo's website says:

If you are using a Motorola Tuning Adapter:

Motorola Tuning adapters require firmware version 1.40 in order to resolve the issue. Please contact your cable provider and request a firmware upgrade. You will be unable to watch or record some channels until the issue is resolved. To stop receiving this message, unplug the USB cable that connects the Tuning Adapter to the TiVo box. With the USB cable disconnected from the TiVo box, you will continue to receive some channels and can watch existing recordings.

So...how can I get that firmware upgrade?

Thanks.