Expert

Re: TiVo Roamio & Motorola Tuning Adapter

Call the cablecard support number.

Observer

today is 12/17 and the day is almost over. would you like to revise your estimate of when all the tuning adaptors will receive the software update? we're in socal. in case you forgot you said the work would be done by 12/19. sorry to be a pest but I've been fighting this battle since 12/4 and it's gotten old

Contributor

The Motorola tuning adapter I picked up from TWC in August had 1.37 firmware.  I had read I needed the 1.39, so when I called to have the cable card and tuning adapter activated, I asked for a firmware update.  He said it should be automatic, but he went ahead and forced it to be updated, took a very long minute or so.

Everything worked absolutely perfectly.

Later I looked at the fall tv schedule and decide to cancel cabletv, now I use a big outdoor antenna indoors.

Expert

Maybe Cisco 1520, not Motorola TA's

They ship out from a depot with the cable card hopefully programmed for your zip code's channels

Participant

I agree. It would be nice to know by region, which are getting the update.

I just bought myself a TIVO Roamio with lifetime service.

Currently using an HD Antenna for now. Have to call TWC to install two new cable outlets in the house. One for the room the TIVO is in.

Anyway, I know I need the M-CableCard, but will the Tuning adapter I get come "PRELOADED" with the latest firmware.

I was thinking on actually ordering it from my TWC office(none there on hand. Have to be ordered from some sort of headquarters) after December 19-20. that is why I asked if the tuning adapters, and M-cablecards for that matter, come with the latest firmware/software already preinstalled.

Probably not. But first things first. I have to get TWC out to my house to install cable into 2 new rooms.
Observer

for reference purposes would greatly appreciate it if you would list expected tuning adapator updates by region. that would give us something concrete to look forward to. thank you

jal
Valued Contributor

This is exactly the way a moderator should answer--with a precise, exact answer which resolves the original poster's question.  This direct answer makes a customer (and all customers who read it) feel as though they are important, and that the company cares about them.   This is in stark contrast to some past moderator posts which direct the inquiry to the TWC Twitter account or general help line.

Observer

Thank you so much. nice to get a definitive answer.

I checked with Cable Card support. We'll be pushing updates for the 1.4 firmware within the next few days. It is different for each region, but the latest is 12/19.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Observer

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, as I stated above, I did call the cable card support and the tech I talked to said it was a problem on TiVos end and that I had to wait for an update from them.

TiVos website and support states:

If you are using a Motorola Tuning Adapter:

Motorola Tuning adapters require firmware version 1.40 in order to resolve the issue. Please contact your cable provider and request a firmware upgrade. You will be unable to watch or record some channels until the issue is resolved. To stop receiving this message, unplug the USB cable that connects the Tuning Adapter to the TiVo box. With the USB cable disconnected from the TiVo box, you will continue to receive some channels and can watch existing recordings.

I want to know which company I really have to wait for an update from and how I will get that update. All evidence seems to say that it's Time Warner but I can't get a straight answer from them. Spent an hour on chat last night here at time Warner and the tech told me that I would receive the update automatically, no need to call and then, in the very next sentence told me I needed to call Time Warner to get the update.

I'd just like a straight clear answer.