21 REPLIES

Re: TiVo Roamio & Motorola Tuning Adapter

The update was pushed in all locations. If you are still experiencing issues, reboot the equipment. Further issues may need to be resolved by the Cable Card helpdesk at 866-532-2598.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Rookie

Motorola Tuning adapters require firmware version 1.40 in order to resolve the issue. Please contact your cable provider and request a firmware upgrade.  This has been available for some time now!

" You will be unable to watch or record some channels until the issue is resolved. To stop receiving this message, unplug the USB cable that connects the Tuning Adapter to the TiVo box. With the USB cable disconnected from the TiVo box, you will continue to receive some channels and can watch existing recordings."   This is not a solution just an excuse. So I pay my bill for service that I am not getting.  There is no recourse for me that you are not doing your job. If i fail to pay the bill I get cut off.

So...how can I get that firmware upgrade? Send it to me I can update it myself!

Expert

Yes, it's been messed up for a week, twc has made promises that it will be fixed by Monday.

There's another thread on this ,

Rookie

[ Edited ]
I have been using a Motorola tuning adapter from TWC in conjunction with my TiVo Premere for close to one year now or there abouts. It's been working fine until last Monday Dec 15th. Half my channels dropped out so I unplugged the TA to reboot it. The flashing yellow light of death was the result.
Did TWC upgrade the firmware on my TA ? And now does that firmware have a bug that does not allow the TiVo to recognize it?
Please give me some history as to what has happened if possible? I've been through the same goose chase as many of others have had. Hours on end on the phone. Enough TWC tech trucks out front of the house to throw a party....and still no resolve. The unofficial suggestion was I should rent a DVR from them. I'm starting to take notice to Rob Lowe now.
Observer

problem solved, thank you TWC. my apologies to anyone I offended with my rude comments.

Expert

remember, all upgrades have to seperately hit all the devices on your node one at a time. I doubt TWC can do all head ends in the US all at once, so it may take several days.   My cable box took 45 minutes and the cablecard another 15 minutes not including another 20 minutes for the reset/ reload to occur

Since there's so few TA's, who knows how far down the list they are.

Also, unplug the TA for 10 minutes, then plug it back in, that may "force" an upgrade should one be available

Expert

[ Edited ]

I've never gotten a reply from the FCC's other division or from any of the appropriate field offices (like Detroit that covers Ohio)... It is worth a try, You want their cable tv division

TWC did push an update/ upgrade to my cable box and then one to it's internal cablecard a couple nights ago.

Observer

fyi the Federal Communications Commission is the place to report the problem. I did so and they contacted TWC on my behalf. hopefully problem will soon be solved.

Expert

Cablecard support is the only place you can call short of the BBB and state PUC/ to get the upgrades out.

Observer

you name it, I've called it. they all say it's up to TWC to upgrade the tuning adaptor software. that is what I've been waiting for since 12/4. please no more phone suggestions.