6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: TiVo Bolt Trouble in NTX

Good so far.  By chance have you tested one of the SDV channel's signal strength?  I have seen many people post on various forums, especially the TiVo community forum, that their only fixes to V58 issues include:

- Removing and reseating the cablecard;

- Removing the TA, let the system initialize, then add the TA back into the mix;

- Changing the wiring setup for the TA (either splitting the incoming line so the TA and TiVo each have their own incoming coax OR putting the TA inline before the TiVo without using a splitter);

- Exchanging the TA (sometimes multiple times as apparently they are very sensitive to signal issues);

Rookie

Mine show Con: Yes EBCP: Yes and Val: V 0x15.

Rookie

Thanks for the reply!  As soon as I get home today I will check.

Michael

Established Sharer

In the Remote, Cablecard and Devices menu, select Cablecard Decoder, then Cablecard Options (For Installers),  then Cablecard Menu, then Conditional Access. These are the menu items he had me check and none were correct. It took him 2 minutes to configure it on his end and all was good. What do these items show for you? 

Con = Yes 

Val = anything but 0 

EBCP = Yes

Established Sharer

I had the same issue when I went with the TiVo in getting the setting right. The techs and the regular CSRs will have no clue how to handle this. It took 2 calls to the cablecard support group to get someone that knew exactly what the issue was. It turned out to be some coding issue on their end that they had to manually update. He knew exactly what settings were off by having me go to the diagnostics screen on the TiVo. For my issue no amount of rebooting, changing cards, changing tuner adapters, or tech visits would have fixed anything. 

When I get home later I will try to update this thread with any info I have saved from that call to see if it helps in your situation.

Sharer

Post a question over at the tivo community forums:

https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php

I am sure you are not alone, and others may have had this problem in the past.

Highlighted
Rookie

TiVo Bolt Trouble in NTX

Hey everyone, looking for some advice.  First a little bit of background...

I work for FiOS, formerly Verizon now Frontier.  I recently moved to a townhome in Grapevine, TX, assuming it would have FiOS available and it did not.  This makes me a first time TiVo + TWC user.  I've never heard of us (FiOS) having this type of trouble getting a TiVo to work correctly, and I've activated dozens myself...

I've had 4 techs out, a 5th is scheduled for tomorrow.  The cable card is activated and paired and non SDV channels seem to work fine.  Any time we try to tune to a channel that requires the tuning adapter I get "Channel Not Authorized (V58)" and it says to contact your cable operator.  I call the cable card support group, they have me reboot and power cycle things, there is no change so they schedule another tech.

The typical experience with a tech is they scratch their head, make a phone call or two, shrug and say it must be the equipment and they don't have replacements.  We've had one technician break out his sunrise meter and fix cabling.  That's the point we went from nothing working to at least getting some channels to come through.  All others have accomplished nothing.

I'm at my wit's end on this.  It's been 2 weeks of this nonsense.  I'm about to go on a combined social media, bbb, and spectrum exec carpet bombing to try and get a resolution.  Before I go that route, I'm hoping that someone here may have some constructive advice.  Are there things to look for in the tuning adapter menu?  Support never asks about that and seems disinterested when I offer that information up, the techs sitting on my living room floor are clueless about it.

Thanks,

Michael