4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: TV Cable outage

@cjchan97

@cjchan97 wrote:

It would be nice if they provided a rebate to customers for the time that their cable system is not operational due to  maintenance issue.

We aplogize for any poor experience.  You can certainly request a credit once the services are restored.   

Please contact us at: 

Newcomer

Issue: Error code IA01 - error starting initial app

Lost cable TV access at about 10 pm EST on 08-06-2018. 

Tried re-booting.  Got Error code IA01

Customer service initiated a reboot remotely.  Took a couple of tries, but problem cleared up until at 7 am 08-07-2018 EST.  Problem was cleared up at about 10 am but resurfaced at about 2:45 pm EST.  Multiple calls to Spectrum.  They say there is an outage that they are looking into.

They will not open a trouble ticket because they say that this is a maintenance issue and not a technical issue.

They do not know when the outage began. They are not able to determine the area impacted.

They do not know when it will be resolved.

It would be nice if they provided a rebate to customers for the time that their cable system is not operational due to  maintenance issue.

Helper

There is a CableCARD group if your issue is provisioning or something like that as opposed to a general outage.

866-532-2598

Proven Sharer

There are no nationwide systemwide outages at the moment.  If you are asking about a specific geographic area, give everyone a clue by including your ZIP Code in your initial posting.  City and state also help us to determine your major market area when it comes to sports blackouts, etc.

Newcomer

TV Cable outage

I have had two bad days dealing with Spectrum support.  I have 5 cable cards.  I am moving in two weeks.   Last night they told me they cant help me because of a tv outage.  My five cable card units are still out.  I can get no updates on this outage.

To complicate things everytime I call in they seem to issue a disconnect because I am moving in two weeks to a new address. I have been on tech support for about 8 hours in the last two days on hold with promises that they will get me to the right department.

Currently I have been on the phone for about 1.5 hours today and I am still on hold.  I am awaiting the elusive right person.

I wonder if it would just not be better to say I will try WOW at my new address instead of suffering like this.

Can anyone give me light  on the outage