5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum STB and CableCard lineups

hdtvjeff wrote:

TWC/Spectrum straightened it out over phone..Walk in center charged me $199 for 300mbps though I already had it.

Is channel 12 on both channel 12 and 1210? Is it on your cable card?

Thnaks fellow sullivan countier

i only subscribe to StarterTV and ELP Internet.  I have three DTA's - no STB or CC.   WBNG appears on Ch 12 on the DTA, and somewhere else up in the 1200's...  I just don't remember where..  The only time I venture that high up the dial is to tune in the Digi-nets (AntennaTV, Cozi, buzzr, etc.)

Observer

TWC/Spectrum straightened it out over phone..Walk in center charged me $199 for 300mbps though I already had it.

Is channel 12 on both channel 12 and 1210? Is it on your cable card?

Thnaks fellow sullivan countier

Established Sharer

Sounds like you have been migrated from TWC to Spectrum.  They probably closed your old account and opened a new one.  That would explain why the old CableCard does not work (maybe it needs to be replaced?) and the high first-month bill, which will actually be current month plus next month.  Expect a refund for any pre-paid TWC services some time down the road.  Typically your cable bill is for NEXT month's services.  Your first bill is always double.  $124 x 2 = $248.  That leaves ~$60 unaccounted for.   I doubt that is all for STB rental.  Did they charge your an "installation fee" of $49.99 plus two set top boxes?  (They are $5 each with Spectrum, $12 / mo on TWC).  Can you access your itemized bill?

(I too am in Sullivan County...)

WBNG on my system only comes in SD.  I only find it useful during football season - so I don't have to watch the Jets...

Lead Moderator

Happy to look into this with you. 

If you will please contact us directly @ Forums_Help 

Please include your account number and your address for verification. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

As for the 310, this is peer to peer support, sounds like 2 months, not 1 and includes the 8-10 per box rental and taxes&fees. bringing it to $155 a month. . Sorry, good luck getting that fixed.

Missing different channels? Treat TWC and Spectrum as 2 different companies/systems.

Do you get the 12 on watchspectrum.net?

Observer

Spectrum STB and CableCard lineups

Hi,

A few days ago I traded in my small black digital converter boxes for Spectrum's new STB.

I also have a CableCard sitting nicely in my Ceton Host pcie card  (Not replaced)

When I got home I called activation and I guess they sent a staged hit to all devices.

Everything then worked perfectly...EXCEPT now on my CableCard Channel 12 (WBNG Binghamton NY) which was on channel 1210 is no longer there. I even rescanned in Windows Media Center still not there.

It exists though on STBoxes on channels 12 and 1210

Called up San Diego since Buffalo NY does not handle cableCard issues anymore.

They were helpful , sent some more hits but I cannot get WBNG back on my CC.

Incidentally for some reason the identifier for channel 12 would sometimes come across as WRGB (which is channel 6 Albany NY)

Be that what it may but has Spectrum reformatted cable cards or can a TWC cablecard play nicely on Spectrum's network?

I just cannot figure out why my fav local channel 12 (cbs affiliate) does not show up on CC lineup but does on STB.

Any help appreciated.  Oh, just took a look at my next months bill online .It says $310 instead of the $124 I was told on the phone and at the Liberty NY walk in center. Will this straighten out but itself or do I have to call in ?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff