4 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Recent changes to channels on Evansville IN cable system.

I don't get channel 44-2 on my boxless TV which is listed as WEVV FOX44. However I do get WEVV FOX HD on channel 47-1.

Newcomer

I have three boxless TVs. I reprogramed them to set up the new digital channels and Cannel 44-2 WEVV(Fox) will not show up on any of them. How can this be corrected??

Expert

dwbircher wrote:

Recently our cable system has changed. I scanned channels on my tv that is connected to the coax and it found all of the new frequencies. On my home computer with a Hauppauge 1600 internal card Windows Media Center only finds five or six channels. If I use the WinTV tuner software that was sent with the Hauppauge 1600 card all of the channels are found. Has anyone else had this problem? It looks like Windows Media Center has a problem.

Absolutely correct, hauppauge-win tv does a poor if any effort to export the channel alias/ lineup to WMC or vice versa...Robot Sad...I just use win tv... Problem is that here in Ohio, only the 20-30 "starter tv" channels are all that's in "clear qam", nothing else.

Contributor

With major channel changes, you will need to rerun your tuner setup for your area. You will likely find a new listing like "channel rebuild" that contains the new channel assignments. Windows Media Center channel listings are managed through zap2it.com. If you browse there and enter your zip code, it will show the "available" lineups for your area.

Note that after a period of time, you may need to rerun the tuner setup again after the old listing is finally deprecated and the new listing will be renamed to what it used to be. This usually takes 10-days to 2-weeks.

Rookie

Recent changes to channels on Evansville IN cable system.

Recently our cable system has changed. I scanned channels on my tv that is connected to the coax and it found all of the new frequencies. On my home computer with a Hauppauge 1600 internal card Windows Media Center only finds five or six channels. If I use the WinTV tuner software that was sent with the Hauppauge 1600 card all of the channels are found. Has anyone else had this problem? It looks like Windows Media Center has a problem.