5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Missing Channels in Western Kentucky

Since you don't believe me, here's the 24 page manual on the 1520 TA... read the first couple paragraphs...

This info is virtually non existant on the tivo website as they want to sell these and not tell you what additional eqt is required, lol.

Expert

[ Edited ]

You are missing my question... Are you using a TA (tunning adapter) with the cable card?

Without a TA, you will only get the starter and standard tier channels.

No aftermarket devices that i know of that have a cablecard slot have internal modems and they're the ones that have a USB connector marked "to TA"

SDV, PPV,  channels do not exist on cable unless a subscriber requests that channel.

That channel can then be shared with others on the node you're on.

MOD and channels that have an on demand a week later are similar but they are only sent to your device.

Hope that helps.

from Tivo....

"

A tuning adapter is a small set top box that gives your CableCARD-equipped TiVo box the ability to request switched digital video (SDV) channels. Like CableCARDs, tuning adapters are part of the digital cable system, so they must be issued by your cable provider.

TiVo BOLT Series UESs, Roamio Series DVRs, Premiere Series DVRs, and Series3 DVRs are compatible with tuning adapters."

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Features_Use/How-to-Install-a-Tuning-Adapter-for-Switched-Digital-...

Rookie

I changed from the sports pass to variety pass the next weekend, 10/3/2015.  I was still without my channels that I pay for.  I do not wish to rent any equipment.  I have my own modem and router to avoid the rental fees.  If cable cards are an option, they should be supported.  If they stop supporting cable cards, I will think about renting a box or switching to Dish or Direct.  I have a friend who does the box rental and he does get a good discount most of the time.  Thanks.

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

qableteq wrote:

I setup a TiVo Bolt Friday afternoon and I am missing 20 channels.  They are as follows...

15............................WGN America
85..........................Jewelry TV
100......................WTVW D2 Bounce TV
25...........................Travel Channel
26..........................E!
46..........................CNN
47...........................HLN
49..........................MSNBC
52...........................CMT
53...........................VH1
54..........................MTV
55...........................BET
57...........................Spike
58..........................Comedy Central
62...........................AMC
64..........................TV Land
66..........................Disney XD
67..........................NICK
68..........................Cartoon Network
74...........................truTV

I have another cable card device, a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime.  It is also missing those channels.  When previously troubleshooting the Prime with TWC, they stated that there was nothing that they could do.  I was told that SDV was not used in my area.  I went from a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe card that had all the channels, to one day they were gone.  The day the channels dissapeared was the day that I ordered the sports pass, 9/27/2015.  A new channel lineup came out October 2015.  I have been paying full price, and not getting 20 channels since then.  Can anyone give me some insight on this issue?  3 cable card devices that don't work and I don't want to spend the $24.74 a month for the HD DVR box rental.  Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

The problem with your situation is that TWC in the process of moving more and more channels to all digital formats, has also begun moving channels off of "Clear QAM."  This means that you may need to rent a box to view them.  TWC Sports Pass for example requires a box rental, and is traditionally $10.00 a month for Sports Pass.

The good news is that if you can live without a DVR box, you won't have to pay that $25 box rental.  Maybe $12.  My advice to you would be to contact TWC and inquire about a discount deal on getting a cable box from them, so that you can view all those channels.  Politely inquire to the rep that you are concerned about the $24.74 a month DVR fee, and can not afford it.  Ask the CSR if he/she could get you DVR service as part of a packaged bundle.  This could reduce the cost down to about half price!  Or if you could get a deal on a non-DVR box.

If you get a DVR box, request in the work order that you DO NOT GET AN SA MODEL!  They are slow as snails, about ten years out of date, and have limited storage space.  Ask for either an Arris (My recommended model), Cisco, or Samsung DVR box.  You will get an all HD guide with more storage space, much faster, and with new features!  The modern DVR boxes also hold three to six times more recordings than the SA model boxes!

Keep us posted!

Satch

Expert

You have a cable card but I bet no TA... it's a cheap cable modem that gives the SD 2 way capability.

SDV should then work on it, not sure about the Tivo

Rookie

Missing Channels in Western Kentucky

I setup a TiVo Bolt Friday afternoon and I am missing 20 channels.  They are as follows...

15............................WGN America
85..........................Jewelry TV
100......................WTVW D2 Bounce TV
25...........................Travel Channel
26..........................E!
46..........................CNN
47...........................HLN
49..........................MSNBC
52...........................CMT
53...........................VH1
54..........................MTV
55...........................BET
57...........................Spike
58..........................Comedy Central
62...........................AMC
64..........................TV Land
66..........................Disney XD
67..........................NICK
68..........................Cartoon Network
74...........................truTV

I have another cable card device, a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime.  It is also missing those channels.  When previously troubleshooting the Prime with TWC, they stated that there was nothing that they could do.  I was told that SDV was not used in my area.  I went from a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe card that had all the channels, to one day they were gone.  The day the channels dissapeared was the day that I ordered the sports pass, 9/27/2015.  A new channel lineup came out October 2015.  I have been paying full price, and not getting 20 channels since then.  Can anyone give me some insight on this issue?  3 cable card devices that don't work and I don't want to spend the $24.74 a month for the HD DVR box rental.  Thanks in advance!