3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Loosing On Demand & Digital Channels With Series 2

[ Edited ]

doesn't matter, You won't get MOD, SDV channels without a cable box or a devite with a TA on it to request them. DTA's do not do on demand or SDV because they're one way. Splitters have nothing to do with programming other than too many splitters and open ports which usually screw up docsis 3 modems first.

If your Tivo or Ceton does not have a TA, it won't get all the channels as some are SDV and MOD

It also needs a cablecard for anything encrypted which in some areas like NYC includes the starter tier of local channels.

Next, you use the internal TA splitter to feed the tivo/ ceton with not a splitter in front of the 2. That reduces the signal to the TA by 3.5 db and since it sounds like you already have too many splitters in front of it, there might not be a good TA connection.

Hope that helps

Participant

Thanks but the question has to do with removing cables from a splitter to a cable box.

Expert

you won't get on demands on DTA, s   they are one way boxes for only the starter and standard tiers, You need a Tivo or ceton with a TA for prefered tier and I believe on demand.

Participant

Loosing On Demand & Digital Channels With Series 2

So here I am again, hat in hand looking for answers. I have a  Series 2 DT. Been working fine with a Scientific Atlanta Cable Box; that is up until Digitalization started. Been able to do dual tuner recording by using a splitter off incoming cable. Now am loosing channels and getting blank black screen or message on some not all TV channels saying I need an adapter to continue receiving station (ex 48 TLC & 49 E) ? Wondering if I just disconnect the coax to Series 2 and just use Cable Box if that would get stations back. I guess that gives up dual tuning capability and also would I have to do another TiVo setup or can I just disconnect the coax. I have other series 2‘s running on same cable line to house with Digital Transport Adapters and get the missing channels but not On Demand channels. Sorry to ask, but I just don’t know what I don’t know.

John