3 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: If I buy a Tivo and give TWC their crappy dvr back, which services come off the bill?

I have a tivo roamo plus ...  since they came out in 2013. I paid for lifetime license. I LOVE my box. The amount of space and 6 recordings and only paying the small amount for a cable card. I havent had a issue yet. Unlike the old motorola boxes I went through like water. I also like being able to use the app for setting up recordings and more. I dont use VOD, and PPV so it was no sweat. Tivo has a new Bolt out and us Roamo users will get some features of that soon. I dont have 4k tv so the bolt isnt appealing to me yet and with lack of 4k transmissions. No big deal either. If you want to think about it .. ive saved $220 in monthly fees of cable box (ive already excluded cost in cable card fees). I expect to have this hopefully two more years atleast. Then it will have paid for itself in the lifetime license.

Trusted Helper

Re: If I buy a Tivo and give TWC their crappy dvr back, which services come off the bill?

TrimbleEpic wrote:

I'm trying to calculate my monthly bill changes if I own my own DVR...

What services do I need to keep, and what services can go away if I own my own TiVo?

Anyone know?

Greetings,

My understanding is that if you will lose TWC VOD and PPV without a TWC box.  You may lose some optional package channels as well.  If you subscribe to TWC Digital Phone, you will lose Caller ID on TV.  Everything else should carry over.

Satch

Observer

standard rate for hd dvr is 11.25 for 1st box, 12.75 after that. (so price depends on how many boxes you have)

also you still save 12.99 for the dvr service

Highlighted
Newcomer

If I buy a Tivo and give TWC their crappy dvr back, which services come off the bill?

I'm trying to calculate my monthly bill changes if I own my own DVR...

What services do I need to keep, and what services can go away if I own my own TiVo?

Anyone know?