Rookie

Re: Hauppauge’s WinTV-HVR-1250 in htpc wont pull any digital hd channels

my tuner card in my htpc only has 1 f connector. and says it is compatible with

• NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
  • ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
  • Clear QAM Digital Cable TV.

i ran the same cable to my tv that i pluged in to my tuner card in my htpc. all im trying to figure out is why the tv will get 5-1 over the cable yet the tuner card will not get it over cable

Expert

Re: Hauppauge’s WinTV-HVR-1250 in htpc wont pull any digital hd channels

uhhh. there are no ATSC channels on any TWC system that I know of. You need to see if that piece of cable going to the tv is bad, like with an open shield.

In some cities, twc still has ntsc cable chanels on 2-95 but they will display that on your tv

Also  the Haupauge has 2 F connectors on it, one is for ATSC, the other for NTSC/QAM/fm

Rookie

Hauppauge’s WinTV-HVR-1250 in htpc wont pull any digital hd channels

i have a htpc hooked to a 50" plasma in my living room. i have only basic cable. with the cable hooked to my plasma tv, the tvs' tuner will pull hd stations like 5-1,8-1,10-1,13-1, and 31-1. with i hook the cale to my Hauppauge’s WinTV-HVR-1250 tuner card it will only tune in the non hd stations. if i hook a powered antenna to the tuner card it will pick up the ota hd stations. any one know why it will not tune them over the cable when the tv does? i am running windows 7 64 bit. and tried in windows media center.