10 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Constant pixelation with ceton 6ETH card.

[ Edited ]

somethings a little strange with the tuner 1-2 levels. Is this connected using an ext splitter between the TA and the Ceton or is it using the TA's passthru connection?

There should not be a 10 dB change in signal levels...I think your S/n is good however

Splitter should be marked 5-1000 mhz or higher, all f cables should have a shiny copper center wire extending 1/8" above their nuts...

grounding block outside the house sand connectors should be shiny and ground wire must be connected to the electric and phone common ground rod. There must be no extra dead splitter ports or dead coax cables...

I can see an issue arising if this is using either a bad external splitter and no 75 ohm load resistor on the empty output f connector on the TA.

What are you doing to get a "without TA" reading?

Are ch's 2 and 5 NTSC analog or are they QAM?

can you get a sig level from a ch in the 7-13 range? (it's possible there's none on your system)

To check your processor loading, let the windows resource monitor run, if it's solid green (at100%) you're going to have issues, it may be a problem with the stupid end of XP support and windows defender eating up your memory.

Observer

Thank you for the advice. I have posted on the green button.

Here are the results I took this morning with and without the tuning adaptor

tuner 1

channel 2

SL 1.7 without -8 with TA

SNR 39.0 w/o 37.1 with TA

tuner 2

channel 5

SL 1.8 w/o -8.1 with

SNR 39.5 w/o 37.9 with

tuner 3

channel 75

SL 5.7 w/o -4.7 with

SNR 39.4 w/o 39.4 with

tuner 4

channel 107

SL 8.5 w/o -2.2 with

SNR 38.6 w/o 39 with

Contributor

dpohlma,

FYI, Ceton ticket discussions cannot be viewed by others. It is unclear as to whether or not you have followed through with *all* of their requests and suggestions as trivial as they may *seem* to you. The 6Eth can be very particular about network hardware, drivers and configuration.

For more direct interaction and discussion with Ceton users and often their personel, go to:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

Observer

I just put in a new graphics card. I still have the same trouble. I Also tried it on another computer. Still the same issue.

Expert

If you have a tuning adapter, you may be able to look at it's levels.

Those will be somewhere in the Cetons diagnostic menu

Expert

No, it's either a low or a noisy signal issue, possibly an overloaded CPU if you're not minimizing background tasks.

Observer

I am at work now. I will post in about 7 hours. Do you think TWC cablecard help line would be of some use?

Expert

[ Edited ]

no, need some levels from either.

You're going to need to grab levels for a low channel a mid and a high one.. Like 2, 7, 50

Observer

No I am not a TWC internet subscriber. Just plain TV. Does that make a difference?

Expert

No one here can do that.We're all customers like you.

Go into the Diags/ signal level page,

copy and paste the rx level and BER (s/n) here

are you on TWC internet? if so, copy and paste the signal page from 192.168.100.1  or 192.168.0.1

here as well

Should point to a problem