3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to do "whole home" with CableCard? Multiple devices? Roku?

renting DTA's at $3.25 a month is the cheapest, all you'll get is the starter and standard tiers which was all you got with a direct cable ready connection anyway.

Cable card and TA& cablecard device will give you tiers above that at a higher cost

Rookie

Thanks for replying.

I'm familiar with the SD and Hauppage devices you mention.

Sorry I wasn't more clear - I cannot connect my TVs to my intranet. This is what I meant by "dumb TVs". They are not equipped with wired nor wireless connectivty.

And I appreciate your suggestion.

Since TV providers provide unique technology options, I prefer to ask TWC people about technology proven to work with TWC services, so that I'm not sorting out advice that doesn't apply to TWC customers.

Expert

Look at the Silicon devices homerun devices, they have an inhouse TV lan solution provided your sets are intranet connected. I think they have a 3 tuner device listed. It required a multistream? cablecard...

Hauppage has a remote option that allows you to use it's tuner and cablecard/ TA remotely but it's only a single channel device.

Post your questions in a home theater forum

Rookie

CableCARD and Dumb TVs = multiple cards?

EDITED:

I'm all about the concept of the CableCard, and my PC hooked up to a big TV downstairs in the cave is perfect.

Both bedroom and living room have "dumb TV"s, though (i.e., I can't connect them to my intranet, so I can't take advantage of devices like SD HomeRun, Hauppage, InfiniTV, etc.)

Is buying multiple CableCard devices and renting multiple CableCards the only option?

Everyone's Tags (5)