7 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Cable Card

@bigsece

That is not correct. We absolutely DO support Cable Cards.

if you will please private message us with your account information we would like to 

escalate this for follow up, both with our management team for review as well as 

getting you the support you were looking for.

We can be reached at Forums_Help

Please do include your account number

&

Verification of your service address

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

A supervisor from Spectrum called me Tuesday and said they will no longer pair cable cards will customer devices including tivo.  openly flouting fcc regulations regarding cable cards.  they further said that is what legal told them.  i have a cable card previously and spectrum disabled the multistream feature on that cable card.  again flouting the fcc regulation. 

(1) Provide the means to allow subscribers to self-install the CableCARD in a CableCARD-reliant device purchased at retail and inform a subscriber of this option when the subscriber requests a CableCARD. This requirement shall be effective August 1, 2011, if the MVPD allows its subscribers to self-install any cable modems or operator-leased set-top boxes and November 1, 2011 if the MVPD does not allow its subscribers to self-install any cable modems or operator-leased set-top boxes;

(i) This requirement shall not apply to cases in which neither the manufacturer nor the vendor of the CableCARD-reliant device furnishes to purchasers appropriate instructions for self-installation of a CableCARD, and a manned toll-free telephone number to answer consumer questions regarding CableCARD installation but only for so long as such instructions are not furnished and the call center is not offered;

(ii) [Reserved]

(2) Effective August 1, 2011, provide multi-stream CableCARDs to subscribers, unless the subscriber requests a single-stream CableCARD;

Either way, we've been customers for 20 years.  i've complained to fcc and local franchise authority.

Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply and info
Rookie

Thanks a lot
Rookie

Great that is what I wanted to hear,Thanks

Will

Proven Sharer

CableCards are absolutely supported.

The cost of the tuner adapter and the secure connect fee are both included in the cost of the CableCard....in my case it's $2 per month.

Established Sharer

Draco1962 wrote:

I called Spectrum here in San Antonio inquiring about a cable Card. The Reps told  to me that they no longer support Cable Cards,Is this true?Should I report them to the FCC?

They are incorrect.  They do support cable-cards.   You just need to be put in touch with the correct person.  You may have better luck actually going to a store.

Be aware that the cost to rent a cable-card is split into two items:  The Cable Card Rental Fee, and the Secure Connection Fee.

You will also need to rent a Tuning Adapter to tune all Switched-Digital-Video (SDV) channels.

Highlighted
Rookie

Cable Card

I called Spectrum here in San Antonio inquiring about a cable Card. The Reps told  to me that they no longer support Cable Cards,Is this true?Should I report them to the FCC?