6 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Cable Card - TIVO

Update: I called another rep (for a total of 3 rep-phonecalls to transfer my TWC plan to the phone-internet-tv Spectrum package. Michael was most helpful.) The bottom line: I was  able to use the TWC box with the cable-card I already had for our TIVO. Learned:

• Spectrum packages are paid 1 month in advance. Reps may push extras you may or may not want (more channels, boxes, DVRs) but don't always know the tech side.
  • In order to switch to Spectrum internet, my Earthlink internet acct needed to be closed. Rep assisted with this, may have been a hurdle to completing full activation.
  • The HD box they rushed to send me was returned, rep #2 said that the TV cable upgrade would not happen until the new box was activated (may not be true).
  • Changeover to the new TV package was almost immediate.

Thanks everyone for commenting. I still may make one more phonecall after I see the first bill.

Expert

Call the cablecard support desk

Expert

You must have the tuning adapter which is a usb output cable modem with an internal 2 way splitter. It allows you to receive the regular qam as well as SDV channels thjat require bidirectional (2way) communications.

Spectrum is dropping all support on one way devices which a TIVO, Ceton and the DTA's are and is why DTA's are no longer available either.

Observer

I have whatever box TWC provided for/with the  TWC card (will check specs on back tonight). 

Hah, it just required a Google search: If you have a questions regarding your CableCARD™ or Tuning Adapter activation, please contact CableCARD™ support at 1-866-532-2598. 

At: https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/tv/topics/cablecard.html

No need for a reply then. Will post back as to what happens next.

Many thanks--didn't expect a quick response. 

Proven Sharer

LISAC wrote:

Any suggestions as to what I should say to the rep when I call? Especially since it seems like many of them would rather have us switch boxes...

Call back and speak to a different rep or a supervisor. CableCards are absolutely supported on Spectrum plans. I have one right now.

Expert

do you have a tuning adapter with the CC?

It should be all that's needed. Call the cablecard support number

Observer

Cable Card - TIVO

I am a TWC customer in mid-New York State with a cable-card and TIVO. Just called to move to a Spectrum bundle and was told that the cable-card was no longer supported, I needed to use a Spectrum HD box instead. This is being mailed to me as all other hardware is ok to use.

Of course, now I've discovered the many comments in this forum, so I guess I'll have to reconnect with another representative to maybe keep my box as is and simply have the service upgraded.

Any suggestions as to what I should say to the rep when I call? Especially since it seems like many of them would rather have us switch boxes...