5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Cable Card + Box questions.....

Cable cards go into Tivo's Ceton and Silicon device devices only

they are useless bythemselves.

Basicly, they're a decription Key

Participant

So, I see the Cablecard is $4 to rent from you all.  Is just the card included?  I read somewhere that you all give the box along with the cablecard.   With the cablecard, can you do rewind etc?   

I have also been reading about using a cablecard and number of shows that can record at once.  I assume if I have the main DVR box from TWC, that I can still record how many ever that it normally allows?  

Participant

Ahh okie thanks.  Ill hold off on switching then.  TWC is way more expensive even with the first year promo compared to what I am paying now.  May just end up switching to Dish.  Thanks

Expert

COAM  boxes and CC's are not useable at this time. However, th FCC is proposing COAM equipment and of course, who knows what Spectrum will do.

As with any cable or satellite provider you need to use the equipment that is provided by the service provider. You have the option of purchasing a Tivo and use a cable card with it but that cable card does need to be rented from us. With our cable boxes we provide the software so that you have access to our on demand, PPV, start over, look back, and interactive guide. These features are not available via the cable card and your own box. 

Participant

Cable Card + Box questions.....

Will non TWC boxes and cable cards work with TWC? Looking to save money and have been with DTV for several years now, but even with TWC and the same amount of TV's we have and basically same programming and renting boxes, will be the same price (just for the first year, then would go up) as I am paying with DTV now.  My question is, can you purchase (not lease/rent) the cable card and box outside of TWC and use those?  Will TWC still charge you for having an additional TV connected?  Trying to save some money, but right now switching will put me in no better spot than I am in now.  Thanks