4 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Audio issue, DVR recordings of CBS programs have no audio

[ Edited ]

I've already been in contact with local (NY) CBS. They felt it was a TWC issue. So I'm doing a circle dance once again.  

Almost every CBS show recorded the last three weeks has no audio. It particularly effects the Sunday night lineup. A couple shows during the week have recorded correctly one week but without audio on another. 

But it seems to me, if it were either a CBS or TWC issue, that I wouldn't be the only one effected, and I'm not finding others recently on the forum with the same issue.  So, I just don't know what more to try to fix it beyond hoping it works itself out.

Expert

Change it to SAP, is there audio?  then change it back, is there audio now?

If not, contact your local CBS affiliates engineering department and complain. They'll put the heat on TWC to fix this if it's not their fault

Observer

Thanks, but that's all good. The audio track setting is set to 'English - Dolby Digital' with closed captions off.  

Recordings of CBS programming have no audio.  Live programming has sound, DVR recordings don't.  All settings look good.  All cable connections are solid. 

Expert

Verify the playback audio is on the main or ch 1 , people have had these go to SAP and no audio

Observer

Audio issue, DVR recordings of CBS programs have no audio

There is no sound on recordings of CBS programming. With the start of the new fall 2016 tv season, all DVR recordings of CBS shows have no audio.  No  sound problems on other channels.  CBS contact says it's a TWC issue. But I don't know for sure where the problem lies.  I've rebooted everything. No joy.  

I am using TWC with TiVo Roamio Pro DVR.