08-23-2016 02:12 PM - edited 09-04-2016 03:00 PM
Begin by Registering for McAfee® AntiVirus and McAfee® Family Protection Once you have registered using your TWC Mail username and password, you'll be able to download and install McAfee® Family Protection.
Visit our Step-by-Step Instructions: McAfee® Antivirus and Family Protection page to be guided through the process.
Minimum system requirements to use McAfee® AntiVirus:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7, Service Pack 1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista*, Service Pack 2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP*, Service Pack 3 (32-bit only)
IMPORTANT: To install the latest McAfee Windows Security client, you must have a supported operating system and browser. The minimum requirements for the latest client are Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. If your computer does not meet these requirements, the previous client will be installed. While your protection is not affected by this, you might not get some newer special features. See the important notes for older Windows versions below:
- Microsoft has discontinued sales and support of the Windows XP operating system. Intel Security recommends that you update your operating system because Microsoft has also discontinued updates.
- Windows XP is not supported by McAfee Windows Security Suites version 13.0 and later.
- Intel Security will continue to provide 'best effort' technical support for products installed on Windows XP up to version 12.8.
For more information on the Microsoft EOL of Windows XP, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help.
- Windows Vista is not supported by McAfee Windows Security Suites version 14.0 R2 and later.
Intel Security will continue to provide 'best effort' technical support for products installed on Windows Vista up to version 14.0 R1.
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8 (or higher).
At least one of following:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 4 or later
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 12 or later
- Safari 5 or later
Time Warner Cable recommends keeping an Internet security software installed on your computer at all times to prevent against harmful and unwanted viruses.