Newcomer

Time warner cable botnet warning

Hello. I am a bit of a novice, but don't know where to go for help. I turned on my iPad and a Time Warner cable looking message appeared in my Safari browser window and said I have suspicious activity and something about a botnet. It didn't look official, but I couldn't get rid of the message--it reappeared if I opened new tabs.

I then turned on my PC laptop and got the same browser message in Chrome. I couldn't get anywhere with the browser. 

What can I do?? What should I do?

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Time warner cable botnet warning

Ponytail-mom wrote:

Hello. I am a bit of a novice, but don't know where to go for help. I turned on my iPad and a Time Warner cable looking message appeared in my Safari browser window and said I have suspicious activity and something about a botnet. It didn't look official, but I couldn't get rid of the message--it reappeared if I opened new tabs.

I then turned on my PC laptop and got the same browser message in Chrome. I couldn't get anywhere with the browser. 

What can I do?? What should I do?

-------------------

If you're not confident cleaning this yourself, you need to find a good tech to help you.  Best Buy Geek Squad is just one option.  But do it as SOON as possible!

Expert

Re: Time warner cable botnet warning

disconnect the ethernet cable and try to boot from a known good date, like a week ago. Then get anti malware  and antivirus sweeps done