McAfee Firewall

How do I stop McAfee from blocking my print jobs? I select print but nothing is printed. I have ink, all I can think of is the firewall blocking the images and text.

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: McAfee Firewall

is it a network connected printer?

Wireless as well?

Look in the printer wizard and see if the print jobs are there and there's a reason they're dead.

Is this wireless? Change it to wired and to a proper static ip

its a wireless printer for my laptop, but wired for my desktop.When I hit print, the page will print with nothing on the paper. Is the text and images being blocked?   

Newcomer

Have you tried to print it off from your desktop computer? If you did and it worked then my first suggestion would be to ensure that your driver for the printer is not corrupt, or other files on the laptop are not corrupt as well. You can try to uninstall and reinstall the driver by going to  Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager and double click on the printer and click install. Then reinstall the driver again.

Another thing you can try to do is to allow the printer spooler in the firewall. The location for the printer spooler is

c:\windwos\system32\spoolsv.exe. Also check to see if the printer is allowed to connect, you can accomplish this by going into McAfee and looking for something similar to Network Connections. If it is not allowed, then simply add the printers IP Address. If you need any help, let me know!