Highlighted
Participant

How many Mcafee products are you allowed at once through Spectrum

The spectrum security suite website claims I am allowed to have 10 computers protected at once, but my parents are convinced we are only allowed 3. Is it 10 or 3? We live in the TWC area, but have switched to spectrum internet. I am talking about the mcafee spectrum edition, not a version you get when you buy it from a store.

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: How many Mcafee products are you allowed at once through Spectrum

@BlakeTwrote:

The spectrum security suite website claims I am allowed to have 10 computers protected at once, but my parents are convinced we are only allowed 3. Is it 10 or 3? We live in the TWC area, but have switched to spectrum internet. I am talking about the mcafee spectrum edition, not a version you get when you buy it from a store.

Hi Blake,

I am not sure of the answer to this question.  But I have to be honest with you.  McAfee is very bloated and is not good AV protection at all.  All of the big AV companies in the last decade with their big security suites wind up slowing your computer down more than protecting it.  I would seriously uninstall ALL McAfee products through Add/Remove programs on your control panel.  If you have Windows 10, use the built-in Windows Defender AV.  Very light, non-intrusive and keeps its mouth shut. Good on Windows 8.1 too and built into the system.  I also use Ad Block Plus in all of my active browsers.

If you are still running Windows 7, I would recommend also removing all of McAfee, and downloading Microsoft Security Essentials, or getting Bit Defender Free.  Much better and lighter than McAfee.  You will really be amazed at the speed of your computer once you get a lighter AV on your system!  Remember, Windows Defender is built into Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, so you will need to uninstall McAfee first, reboot your machine, and type in Windows Defender in the search than, turn it on by clicking on the program to open it and activate it.

If you prefer Bit Defender Free, over Windows Defender, uninstall McAfee and than download Bit Defender Free.  You can't uninstall Windows Defender on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, but you can turn it off once Bit Defender is installed.  Here's the link for Bit Defender Free: https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Bit Defender runs on Windows 7 through Windows 10.

If you are running Windows 7: Here is the download for MSE: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201  If you prefer Bit Defender use the link above.  On Windows 7, Windows Defender is a malware blocker only, so if you want full AV protection either get Microsoft Security Essentials or Bit Defender Free.  But only one of them.  Any other AV competitors need to be uninstalled first.  Only one AV software should be protecting your system in real time.  Don't forget to also back up your system files, and turn on Windows Update, so that you get the important security fixes for your system as well.

I can not recommend McAfee to anyone!

Satch